Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As g-cubed said on another topic, it is also my time to speak up around here, I've been hanging out quietly for too long... :)

My first trip to the dealer for a 6s/5sp and the works (Sports, Leather, Moonroof, Bose, etc.) was back in mid March. Of course, they didn't have any :thumbdn, so they claimed they could locate one within 2/3 weeks, OK, no problem, so I put down a deposit. They also claimed that ordering one to my specs from the factory would take 4 months.

The dealer called me up within a few days saying they found a couple (not the color I wanted - Steel Gray Metallic) without the Bose. So I said, OK, I can live without Bose, and maybe not my first choice color. They said at the time (end of March) around 5 week wait .

After going to other dealers and them telling me that I could order one to my specs and would take 8 weeks, I went back to my dealer and told them... at first they claimed that the other dealers were lying, but as I was about to walk away they said they could do it also (go figure...) so I decided to wait 3-4 more weeks and get what I really wanted.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I have my VIN, and the quoted ETA is last week of May. The car was ordered around 4/1. I spoke to Mazda Customer Service on Friday and they told me the car hasn't been built and ETA was still the same, last week of May.

I just wanted to know of anyone else's experience with ETA. The wait has been too long, and I just want to set my expectations.

Thanks!

W-

--------------
6s Steel Gray - Black Leather
5 speed
Sports/Leather/Moonroof
Bose
Side Airbags
Homelink Mirror
Sports Grille

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: How long are you waiting?

Sounds very familiar! Now that you have your VIN, just keep buggin MazdaUSA with a call every week. The time goes by faster than you think.

·
Registered
922 Posts

Ordered my car 24th of March and the dealer gave me an ETA end of may!
Everything seems to be on track, fingers crossed, its been 7weeks and counting:(

·
Registered
167 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How long are you waiting?'

i ordered mine on april 30th. they said it will be here by the end of june.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Ordered mine March 17th, eta is 2nd week of June

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

I ordered mine V6, 5spd, with every option on 1/31 and it's still not here. They said this week, keeping my fingers crossed as theyhave said this before.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts

Nice to have someone else come out of the woodwork... it seems from everyone i talked to that getting the vin number is a big step. Its sooner than later once you get that, but i wouldnt know, i lucked out and put a deposit down 3 weeks ago and am getting it wedensday

·
Registered
815 Posts

i ordered march 15th...got my vin a week ago, eta is the second week of june or july...the lady couldn't figure out the abbreviation for the month

·
Registered
167 Posts

i called the car place. they told me the vin # comes 2 to 3 weeks before the car

·
Registered
81 Posts

I've ordered the 20th march and had it on the 9th may.
Longueuil Mazda.

Not too bad...right?:p

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Well, at least I know I'm not the only one waiting soooooooo long... I spoke to Mazda Cust Service again today, and same news... the car has no estimated build date but en ETA at dealer of May week 5 (that's 3 weeks down the line.) Anyway, at least she told me that the sticker was issued on 5/2 which should be good news.

The wait is killing.... agh!

Cheers,
W-

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update!

Well, call me crazy, but I just called Mazda again today (the rep that's taking care of me is very cool and she's been very helpful) and my car has been "bucked" (Ford term for having the VIN stamped) and production date is this week. So my ETA of May week 5 is very likely that will happen...

Wanted to share the good news!

·
Registered
922 Posts

Originally posted by wahalulu

Well, call me crazy, but I just called Mazda again today (the rep that's taking care of me is very cool and she's been very helpful) and my car has been "bucked" (Ford term for having the VIN stamped) and production date is this week. So my ETA of May week 5 is very likely that will happen...  

Wanted to share the good news![/b]
Congrats on the good news;)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'How long are you waiting?'

i called mazda this morning...the second week of june isn't going to happen for me because the build date is set at june 16th...so looks like i have to wait till july

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'How long are you waiting?'

Mine is in. I'm not getting it until Friday, May 16th. So ordered on March 12th. 2 months and 4 days until I actually have it in my driveway.

I'm starting to side towards that it all depends on the reliability of your Sales Manager. He was on it the whole time, would call me each week on the status, etc.

However I have known him for a long time. So that may have been a good factor.

EDIT: And I was initially quoted 2 months for the order time. So 4 days more is livable.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Ordered my black 6s MT fully loaded on May 2nd. Delivery confirmed this Friday May 23rd. The car is being prepared by the dealer.
3 weeks waiting. Can't complain.:p

1 - 20 of 74 Posts