Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought all the cars we the same size, I have a U.K. PDF file that has the 4 door length at 4680 mm (184.252 inches) while Mazda's U.S. site says the length is 186.8 inches..where our extra two inches coming from?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How is the UK four door 2 inches shorter than the U.S. model?'

Its for those fat ass Americans.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Replying to Topic 'How is the UK four door 2 inches shorter than the U.S. model?'

Those fat ass Americans that saved your country's thin ass twice, otherwise you'd be speaking German.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Originally posted by Omega

Its for those fat ass Americans.[/b]

ouch, below the belt man :D For what its worth, I think Britian is in the same amount of trouble, we seem to be good at exporting our fatness around the world :D

·
Registered
137 Posts

I'm from Canada and come on half the people in North America are obese. You can't deny that.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Guys...keep it clean!!!

Kenoka: LOL!

And back on topic: How about a print error????

:D

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Guys...keep it clean!!!

Kenoka: LOL!

And back on topic: How about a print error????

:D[/b]
print error on which side? For those of you across the pond, what do your books/manuals say?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Brillo, that depends. 4680 is an accurate lenght according to the manual, but the length differs between the Sedan/5D/Wagon.

I don't have my manual within reach right now, so I can't give you the exact figures for the different body types, but are you sure you didn't compare apples with pears here?

·
Registered
244 Posts

If you look closely at the rear bumper of both Euro/JDM and US versions of the 6 you'll notice that US version's bumper is slightly stretched outwards. Same may apply to front but it's not as visible as in the back.

Yet another silly conversion to the original design as was the case with rear lights. I guess the Americans just like their cars bulgier than other ppl around the world :sarc.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Sigvard, you're comparing a hatch to a sedan. Do you have a pic of two sedans we can compare?

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

Sigvard, you're comparing a hatch to a sedan.  Do you have a pic of two sedans we can compare?[/b]
Yes, I am, but that's not the case at hand. I'm comparing Euro/JDM and US versions (body style is irrelevant here). Sorry, I didn't find any better pictures to make a point, maybe you could help me out here.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I think Sigvard may be right. Look at this picture...

It shows the rear of the Sedan/hatch/wagon standard eurosize.

Note however that the read US sedan above posted by Sigvard is fitted with side skirts, so perhaps it's a complete sports package including a different rear bumper?

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Note however that the read US sedan above posted by Sigvard is fitted with side skirts, so perhaps it's a complete sports package including a different rear bumper?[/b]
The JDM hatch above has a sports bumper as well. And there is no difference in bumpers with hatch/sedan since their product codes are the same (rear aero bumper SDN/HB GJ6A-V4-060F).

·
Registered
17 Posts

I think the reason for the longer bumper is because of the US's strict bumper regulations. Even the US Protege front bumpers differ from Euro and JDM cars.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Makes sense to me. Mystery solved.

·
Registered
87 Posts

American car bumpers have to withstand a 5mph impact with NO damage. Our rate of accident death in this country is much lower than Europe or Japan.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Really? Have any numbers to proove that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts