Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
looks good although it is 2 ohm, that would be pretty mean with a JL 1000/1 i dunno if it could handle it though :) price is a little high on shipping, you might try to get it at a store, or try a shop to see if they could get it for you. good luck

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Not to shabby...I wouldn't get it, Pioneer doesn't have a great history w/ subs....if you plan on buying this and buying a 1000 watt amp, you could just buy a JL Audio W3v3 and be fine at 1ohm wired dual voice coils with a 500 watt amp and still get more bump.... even Kicker isn't to bad, if you really want good subs, Resonant subs are the best by far, but it's cause they're competition subs....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Gotta love the "competition subs" categorization..

Pioneer just set a world record with the big brother of the W3002SPL, the W8102SPL. They hit 180.5 decibels at USAC Finals last year and 180.2 decibels at the IASCA IdbL Finals last weekend. That's loud. Proof that Pioneer subs can get damn loud.

As far as the W3002SPL, it's a decent sub. Its SQ is okay, not the best. It's more of a get loud sub, and will need a good 500-600 watts to get it good and loud.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Gotta love the "competition subs" categorization..

Pioneer just set a world record with the big brother of the W3002SPL, the W8102SPL. They hit 180.5 decibels at USAC Finals last year and 180.2 decibels at the IASCA IdbL Finals last weekend. That's loud. Proof that Pioneer subs can get damn loud.

As far as the W3002SPL, it's a decent sub. Its SQ is okay, not the best. It's more of a get loud sub, and will need a good 500-600 watts to get it good and loud.
[/b]

I remember seeing a video of one of those competitions, a hot girl with long hair was sitting next to the subs and her hair bounced about a foot foward with each beat, sweet....

·
Registered
206 Posts
I remember seeing a video of one of those competitions, a hot girl with long hair was sitting next to the subs and her hair bounced about a foot foward with each beat, sweet....
[/b]
hope she was wearing earplugs. if not i bet she's one deaf hot girl...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
pioneer is ok.
thre gettin better.
your amp is gonna cost at LEAST 300 bucks for a used ebay 1000watt amp. Good luck. and make sure u have a lot of room in yer sub box.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
wow only 1 person with common sense even though he mentioned ISucka for a standard of comparison ;). That sub can get loud but you need 10-15 of them like pioneer has used in their vehicles. If you want decent SQL with the right box go for it. Fanboys make me laugh though.

177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I already have an amp. Its a 25th aniversary kenwood. Its rated at 1800 Max, and 913 RMS at 1 Ohm....and it can run two subs sooooo while that wont be able to max out this subs potential, I highly doubt I would be running it that loud in the first place. Im pretty set on getting two of these bad boys....See,the problem is,is that with my current set-up, for some reason when its loud, the left side of my nose itches from the vibration....I just wanna even things out and get my ride side to itch as well haha.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I can attest to the fact that Pioneer does make some nice subs. Those are designed specifically for high SPLs with little regard to sound quality though. This is evidenced by the low xmax, yet extremely high excursion.

If you want to go to the completely opposite end of the spectrum, get two of these. They have some of the lowest distortion numbers of any subs available (compare to Peerless and the like) :

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=295-466

Or better yet, go for the 15's:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=295-469

Just my $0.02...

·
Registered
318 Posts
These are just single voice coils though...
[/b]
Why do you want dual vc? You could run two 4-ohm subs in parallel to present a 2-ohm load to your amp. I'm assuming it's a single-channel class-D amp...

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think he just wants to use the amp to the full potential since it is stable to 1 ohm. Here are my recommendations if you want some SQ: Fi X12

·
Registered
475 Posts
dont fuck around you want quality, get JLs mine are hand-me-downs. they have been through four people and they still bump like crazy! get some W3s few hundred bucks, but well worth it!

·
Registered
200 Posts
"Best" is a totally subjective term. What's "best" for me is probably going to sound awful to the 18 year old basshead down the street. Different strokes for different folks.

Image Dynamics is actually far from new. I was running their IDQ10 in my Z28 10 years ago. They've been around since the late eighties, if memory serves me correctly. Their lineup generally consists of SQ-oriented subs, but in the right application, they can get quite loud.

That being said, I love Image Dynamics subs. I have owned two IDQ10v1's, an ID12v3, and I will soon be an owner of an IDMAX12 v3. I've tried everything from JL to Kicker to Elemental Designs (barf) and nothing else even comes close, for my tastes.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
What about Image Dynamic? They are said to be the best subs in the world. They are new but people say they are growing FAST. Plus VERY good price...
[/b]
I could say, out of all the new companies making subs/speakers/amps/head units, etc....there is no best, pretty much everyone has made good quality items, technology is so crazy now days, you could by an old school bazooka tube and make it sound great with a cheap amp....

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Why do you want dual vc? You could run two 4-ohm subs in parallel to present a 2-ohm load to your amp. I'm assuming it's a single-channel class-D amp...
[/b]
you're an idiot stop helping people with no knowledge. DVC 4ohm sub= 2ohm in parallel, 8ohm in series. 2 DVD 4ohm subs in parallel=1ohm load, series will get you back to 4ohm.

I can attest to the fact that Pioneer does make some nice subs. Those are designed specifically for high SPLs with little regard to sound quality though. This is evidenced by the low xmax, yet extremely high excursion.
[/b]
again, you're an idiot. xmax and high excursion are somewhat hand in hand. Sound quality is not determined by the amount or even the lack there in relation to xmax. take for instance the RE XXX, Adire Brahma both have depending on model anywhere from 52mm of xmax up to 4" peak to peak movement. Stop trying to help people when you know as much as the bottle of cough syrup next to me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts