Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was neck and neck with one on the *track* today, surprised it hung with me. Granted only got to 115, but still impressed me.

Anyone else had this happen????

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
The only numbers I can dig up are..

Top speed 209.2 kph / 130.0 mph
0 - 60 mph 7.0 seconds
0 - 100 mph 19.0 seconds
0 - 1/4 mile 15.5 seconds

It's very light, RWD, and it's got a turbo. I'm sure there are people who have done mods to increase the output...

Stock HP numbers are 178bhp and 166lb/ft torque

http://auto-specs.zercustoms.com/m/mazdasp...ifications.html

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only numbers I can dig up are..

Top speed 209.2 kph / 130.0 mph
0 - 60 mph 7.0 seconds
0 - 100 mph 19.0 seconds
0 - 1/4 mile 15.5 seconds

It's very light, RWD, and it's got a turbo. I'm sure there are people who have done mods to increase the output...

Stock HP numbers are 178bhp and 166lb/ft torque

http://auto-specs.zercustoms.com/m/mazdasp...ifications.html
[/b]
That's what I thought, we hit it at about 50 and got to 115, so it must have been modded. Honestly at the end when we both had to drop throttle (traffic), he was up on me by about a half car lenght :( Must have been modded!!!

Thanks for the data, awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
No problem...just few minutes of googling. ;)

I'm just working on putting a fresh install of Windows XP on my laptop in preparation for the arrival of my AutoEnginuity scan tool.

It will be nice data logging on a 17" widescreen... :)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Check out my Signature (the MX-5 Miata). That car is one bad boy. I had the regular MX-5 but my god, did it pull and get through tight spaces in traffic! I started to shit my self cause the thing was so little, so had to sell it!

Performace wise, the regular MX-5 is very good. Go to www.flyinmiata.com. I've read about people fitting LS1 engines in there, and that thing just fucking jets!

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
sooo.....hey smart guy, why was there traffic on the track???

you know you can ask questions without talking about racing right?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
:highfive: good catch! lol

:popcorn: This should get interesting :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
sooo.....hey smart guy, why was there traffic on the track???

you know you can ask questions without talking about racing right?
[/b]
Haha i noticed that too, was wondering if anyone else would point it out.

Maybe traffic is fancy track terms for a sharp turn ahead? haha

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
That's what I thought, we hit it at about 50 and got to 115, so it must have been modded. Honestly at the end when we both had to drop throttle (traffic), he was up on me by about a half car lenght :( Must have been modded!!!

Thanks for the data, awesome!!!
[/b]
musta been a busy night at the track.. pipe musta been clogged! :laugh:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I got respect for those little cars. I was also at the track once and saw one equiped with a rotary engine instead of the typical 4 cyl. engine and boy that thing was toasting some supras and v8 mustangs like it was nothing. Lightweight + turbo II egine w/ modded turbo kit and streetport= a kicka$$ Miata.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Check out my Signature (the MX-5 Miata). That car is one bad boy. I had the regular MX-5 but my god, did it pull and get through tight spaces in traffic! I started to shit my self cause the thing was so little, so had to sell it!

Performace wise, the regular MX-5 is very good. Go to www.flyinmiata.com. I've read about people fitting LS1 engines in there, and that thing just fucking jets!
[/b]
There is a guy who lives around here that has a 5.0L mustang engine in his miata.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had an '02 Miata LS with the 6 speed. Nowhere near as quick as the Speed Miata, and nowhere near as quick as a Speed6, which in a straight line from 50+ is going to crush a STOCK Mazdaspeed Miata because of its 100 HP advantage and the fact that the weight advantage of the Miata is almost completely eliminated at that speed. Through the bends though, the Miata will run away and hide for sure. Mine was not fast, but once you got it moving, slowing down for turns was entirely optional.

The one you were dealing with was likely not stock. A Miata that could run with a Speed6 would have to be one of the most fun cars in the world.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts