Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering the black 6 owners think of their cars once they get a little dirty. Is is a car that requires constant cleaning to look good? I think its a great looking car in the pictures and brochures, but I'm just wondering how practical it is.
I've been considering the black, red and blue (5-door), but I'm horribly indecisive. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Black is hard to keep clean, as with most dark colors. I used to have a white 6 and that was just as hard. Silver I have found can be dirty and still look good :) Get whatever makes you happy, maintence and cleaning it won't bother you since you will love the car so much anyway. You wont mind wiping her down daily and washing her weekly anymore.

·
Registered
867 Posts
yeah I would get black only if your willing to clean it at least once a week. especially with black interior. I have silver and it can be dirty and not noticable. I went 2 months without cleaning it b/c i still got away with it looking clean. But my interior (black leather) gets dirty pretty easily i vacuum every week.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
my car looks like ass when its dirty, and its always dirty.

but then again, i live on a dirt road at home, and my school is doing heavy construction basically in my parking lot, so yeah.

and the scratches....oh they're so apparent.

onyx makes me happy.
onyx makes me sad.
onyx is a double edged sword.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
IMO....black is the best looking color when it is clean.

Conversely...it is the quickest to look dirty (when the wind blows the dust around or polen season for example).

I live in Washington State and live in the woods. If my car isn't covered or in the garage....it's dirty.

I think it boils down to the amount of effort you wish to apply towards keeping your car looking clean. Black: more effort than those colors that hide dirt more.

I don't mind the effort and will probably get another black vehicle in the future.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
black by far is sex when it is cleaned, but i wash my car about 1 a week and i always keep a fresh coat of wax on it so it is easier to clean, but if you love the car you wont mind washing it once a week. and about the scratches, they show up on any car just a little bit more than black, so the black car just urges you to take better care of your car. i would reccomend black because look how good it is when just detailed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I'm just wondering the black 6 owners think of their cars once they get a little dirty. Is is a car that requires constant cleaning to look good? I think its a great looking car in the pictures and brochures, but I'm just wondering how practical it is.
I've been considering the black, red and blue (5-door), but I'm horribly indecisive. Any thoughts? [/b]

Just about any black car looks teriffic when it's clean and shiny, crappy when it gets dirty. Dust is also a major PITA with black cars.
When I picked up my Redfire 2006 6S there was an identical one on the lot in black, clean and shiny and for a moment I was severely tempted. But, after two black cars I was aware of the amount of work involved in keeping them looking their best. I dont regret the decision, the Redfire is a great color.

If you're anal about having a clean looking car all the time, you'll work harder at it with a black car, that's probably the best way of describing it

·
Registered
475 Posts
That is the main reason I got something grayish, it can go longer without a detail. In my case this is important!I drive approx. 170 miles a day to work, sometimes on weekends like this one approx. 340 miles for good deals on tattoos and i only have to wash it about once a month, and detail every other month.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've had my car for 3 weeks. Its my first black car. It wasn't my first choice but it was a leftover and the only wagon on the lot. It looks the most impressive when clean and the least when dirty. I use a California Duster and think it works great in between washings.
[attachmentid=15982]

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bah, now I can't decide again. My first choice is Blue with black interiork, but i can't find any that dont have the Bose system in them, and I don't think the system is worth the money.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Silver is the most easy going color IMHO. If you don't want to wash the car every week, go with silver.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Bah, now I can't decide again. My first choice is Blue with black interiork, but i can't find any that dont have the Bose system in them, and I don't think the system is worth the money.
[/b]

bose sucks.

i have it. i hate it.

good call with not getting it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Easy to keep clean...I clean both cars each day...titanium and black.

I'm probably the most anal clean freak when it comes to cars...can't stand any dust or brake dust etc to settle on the cars. I call it my hobby my wife calls it a lifetime obsession.. I wash them every day.

THE worst colour I ever owned was white...yes white it shows every speck of tar and grime and when your as anal as I am that's not good news...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Stick with black you wont be disapointed. I love my onyx 6s. Yes the dirt shows up more with black it will make you even more happy when it is clean.
[/b]
i agree it just gives you more incentive to protect and clean your investment, and it makes you that much happer when you are done and see the finished product.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
This is coming from a very biased source, but black is the best fking color for the 6.
However, it does take some work to get it clean. If you do a thorough polish/wax job on it, although it looks dirty up close, from a distance it looks clean.

Once you see a black 6 pristine and clean, you will WANT to clean it because it looks go goddamn beautiful. Before, I used to think washing a car was a chore. Now, I love doing it becvause the results are worth the effort.

Buy black, you will never be happier.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
i love my lapis blue baby.
Its not a bad color. and ive had many people
ask if its a custom color. Black is always a good shine though. HArd to maintain though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Rich you need to bake your headlights and tint them like I did. That third picture would look fucking sweet if your lights were blacked out too ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts