Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’ve been considering getting an iPod integration module from www.mazdagear.com and I was wondering if anybody here is using one in a 2009 with the Bose Centerpoint stereo WITHOUT the nav system. I searched the forum but haven’t been able to find specific answers to my questions, so I was hoping one of you guys could answer a few for me.

Does it display song title etc. on the info screen? Even if it is just one line of text…

Do you have to remove your Sirius box to install it?

I contacted the folks who run Mazdagear.com (a dealership in MN) and they directed me here:

http://www.mazdaipodadapter.ca/

You can pick your year/model and you can either go to a little animated walk-through of the product or download the manual in PDF format

http://www.mazdaipodadapter.ca/pdf/2009/Mazda6/Mazda6_09.pdf

Even though I picked the 2009 Mazda 6, it was pretty clear that the walk-through and PDF were either for another year 6 Mazda 6, or if it was an ’09 it had a totally different stereo in it than mine.

The info screen was green with black text whereas mine has red text on black background.

They said to access the iPod to press the “media” button but my unit doesn’t have a media button.

I just want to make sure I get the right one before I blow any money on it.

When ordering they have an option that says: “requires installation harness kit, C9F7-V6-029 (with AUX Jack, with SIRIUS and Bluetooth)” which is what mine has, but I’m a little concerned the link they sent me shows a completely different stereo.

Anybody here bought one from there? Can you provide a little feedback on how it operates?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a small hole in the middle console and you plug it in there. I have not used in my car but have used it in others. Just put the car in AUX mode and you can run it through the IPOD- but it will not be on the display.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You can't have the I-Pod adaptor and the Sirius box at the same time....gotta pick one or the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts