Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone????

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i took off the front emblem and i plan to make it into a " flying m" . so now the question is do i paint the excess black and leave the "flying m" chrome or should i just cut off the excess???? maybe i need some pictures

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Just for future reference to others who may read this thread, the front emblem is just clipped on. No need for fishing wire or anything like that. Take off the grill, remove the plastic piece on the inside, and then unclip the emblem.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do i take off the grill????

·
Registered
923 Posts
Just for future reference to others who may read this thread, the front emblem is just clipped on. No need for fishing wire or anything like that. Take off the grill, remove the plastic piece on the inside, and then unclip the emblem.
Um, Freak4Dell...Do you own a 1st or 2nd gen 6?
According to the shop manual, you have to remove the bumper and the front emblem is held on with a single screw right in the middle.

~Mike

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
DOH! I own a first gen...didn't even notice this was the second gen section. Forget what I said.

Well, some of it still applies...there's still no need for fishing line.

·
Registered
658 Posts
i've replaced mine, iirc, remove the bumper and there should be a couple of screws and clips that need to be undone. its nothing to difficult to do, have you attempted this or just wondering?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive never attempted it.i winded up just pulling the emblem off. the clips broke so i made my flying m and just used double sided tape to put it back on.im thinking of buying a new emblem and blacking it out. how do i take off the bumper?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Um, Freak4Dell...Do you own a 1st or 2nd gen 6?
According to the shop manual, you have to remove the bumper and the front emblem is held on with a single screw right in the middle.

~Mike
I know this post is really old, but what/where is this shop manual you speak of? I have a second gen and want to replace my emblem as well.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I know this post is really old, but what/where is this shop manual you speak of? I have a second gen and want to replace my emblem as well.
I purchased the shop manual.
I attached an exploded view of the front bumper to your other thread.
Might as well attach it here too.

~Mike

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts