Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I am gonna get some charcoal tints soon ... I cant decide how dark I should go .... i was thinking 35% (thats the legal limit too) but lot of ppl. are saying to go for 20% 'coz it'll really bring out the yellow (i have a yellow Mazda6) ... so is 20% too dark at nights ?? or is it ok ? personal preferences ??

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
mostly personal....

if the legal limit is 35% thats what i have on my all the way around...i have some pictures in the garage here...

if the interior is black...that'll make the tint look a shade darker to...so the 35% will actually look like 30%

i'd say 20% is good...its pretty dark....but if your legal limit is 35% i say do 20...and you most likely wont get a problem either....

my .02

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
personal preference.

if cops in your area aren't asses about that kind of stuff, i say go for 20.

mu buddy drives a gt mustang with limo all around except for the windshield, he has 10 on that. he has gotten pulled over many times but never been hassled for the tint.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
my concern is not the cops .. but problem backing the car up or checking blind spots ...
[/b]
My question is how you have a 2004 yellow? Only in Canada maybe? I didnt think they made speed yellows that year? I have the legal limit of tints, the dealer actually put them on! LOL But I still get pulled over for the tints. Especially at dusk. (I have a speed yellow too)

:drive:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
my concern is not the cops .. but problem backing the car up or checking blind spots ...
[/b]
I have 20 all around, which is legal in Texa BTW. No problem seeing out. The problem is seeing in. Just how it should be! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i'm wrapped in 15%, just because it's hard to see at night with 5%

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have 20% all around and its not too dark. In my opinion it is the perfect level of tint, becaues I've been in cars with 35 and 5. At the tinting place where I got mine, those were the three level options, 35 20 & 5. Too big of a jump in my opinion from 20 to 5, but 20 is great.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am not 100% sure but I think on the rear window of my car I have 20 and I do find that a tad too dark when backing up at night in a parking lot.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have 20 all around, which is legal in Texa BTW. No problem seeing out. The problem is seeing in. Just how it should be! :yesnod:
[/b]
20% is not legal in Texas BTW...The law is 25% NET on the front 4, which equals about a 32% film grade, and they allow ANY shade on the rear glass..I do however agree with you on the darkness, 20% is usually what our customers are most happy with, not a trouble seeing out at night (unless you already have trouble seeing out at night without the tint,) and still gives ample privacy.

20% is legal in New Mexico ONLY, when considering a full tint

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
10% on the front windshield?!? That's INSANITY.
Then again, I have 50%/35% on mine with a grey/maroon interior and it's plenty dark IMO. It's all personal preference really.
[/b]
he says it's 5, but i'm guessing more along the lines of 10%. you defenitely can't see in. he says he can see out just fine, but damn...that guy must be an owl. it looks sweet on the forrest green car, though.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My question is how you have a 2004 yellow? Only in Canada maybe? I didnt think they made speed yellows that year? I have the legal limit of tints, the dealer actually put them on! LOL But I still get pulled over for the tints. Especially at dusk. (I have a speed yellow too)

:drive:
[/b]
my bad its really a 2003 yellow Mazda6 .... your car looks great !!! I was thinking of getting those door sills too :) .. how much did you pay for those ??

·
Registered
1,556 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
my bad its really a 2003 yellow Mazda6 .... your car looks great !!! I was thinking of getting those door sills too :) .. how much did you pay for those ??
[/b]
Thanks for the complement :)

Wow its been a while...I got them from the someone in hong kong on Ebay, NOT the HK-Plus guy :nono: the nv107 or something like that. But to answer that question, Im going to give a price of $20USD for them? (sorry I forget) I have them pretty much since last May and now they show slight signs of scuffing. Great look to them though! Do a search on ebay and you'll see them on there guaranteed!

Oh so you do have a 2003 eh? :p

:drive: :drive:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the complement :)

Wow its been a while...I got them from the someone in hong kong on Ebay, NOT the HK-Plus guy :nono: the nv107 or something like that. But to answer that question, Im going to give a price of $20USD for them? (sorry I forget) I have them pretty much since last May and now they show slight signs of scuffing. Great look to them though! Do a search on ebay and you'll see them on there guaranteed!

Oh so you do have a 2003 eh? :p

:drive: :drive:
[/b]
thanks man i'll look it up :) ... hehe yeah its a 2003 :nana: .. i stand corrected ... here's what i found on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=8031357330

wonder how this will look ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=8037581041

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
As to pololance's friend, he is an idot for tinting the front. I see no reason for it and think its dangerous!

Go to a tint shop and look at samples, ask questions to the people there, they should have a pretty good idea. As far as blind spots go, you shouldn't have an issue, during the day you'll be able to see through either fine and at night people should have their lights on, so you'll see them too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
13 Participants
kpjimmy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing