Mazda 6 Forums banner

How dark is factory tint?

25K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  hotstreak2002 
#1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked... but I've looked around, but I can't find any information on how dark the factory tint is on 2010 6's. I'm picking up a Grand Touring tomorrow and am thinking about getting windows tinted over the weekend. Here, the limit's 35%, so would it even be worth getting the windows tinted?

#3 ·
Umm...because they aren't tinted from the factory? They might have a light, light tint to the rear glass itself, but nothing Unless you folks in the states do it differently than us Canucks...

The local tint shop here does all the dealship tinting for Mazda. Which was quite amusing since they quoted me $340 to do it at the very same tint shop I took it to anyways for $200...lawl.

#4 ·
Law in my provincy is 70% light for front windows.. the 6 is already tint and since the window is thick, for sure it's already 90%. I took 50% tint so Im not legal..but nobody are..so I take the chance to get a $150 ticket or inspection.

#5 ·
Yeah most cars come with 70% tint. 30% tint would look a lot better. I have 20% on mine and cops have not bothered me and its been a year. But thats in upstate newyork - longisland. So you can get 30 which would look nice and a little darker and take the risk of getting pulled over up to you. But I would just go 30..or 35 is the one lighter at my tint show he didnt have 30.

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Vinny, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I probably wouldn't go much below the legal limit though. I live in a pretty whitebread part of town, and the cops don't have much better to do than be assholes about over-tinted windows. I have a few friends that have gotten pulled over just for their windows.

#7 · (Edited)
Window Tint

Thats correct, most factory tint are 70%. Just to share, I got mine tinted 35% front and back and 30% on the door windows and I'm really happy with the results. Well, I asked help from http://www.TintBuyer.com. Since they provide informations such as quotations, current tint law in every state and suggest the best professional window tint installer near my area, I get to compare and select all in one process. I hope this helps :)

#8 ·
When I had my windows tinted, the installer told me that it had a 70% from the factory. I eventually had 35% applied to the windows which equaled a VLT of 27%. Not legal in my area, but it looks great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.