Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Tein's website for the S-Tech's it shows that the 4cyl Sedan uses the same springs as the wagon. But the 6cyl sedan is a different part number. Am I missing somthing here, or does this not make any sense at all?:huh:

http://www.tein.com/stech.html

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the same. I have the 4cyl/wagon springs on my wagon. no probs yet.
[/b]
That is weird. Does your back end sag at all or no? Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
You're correct, that shouldn't be. The wagon weighs several hundred pounds more and thus would have a 50% greater drop given the same springs. Eibach pulled a similar stunt by reusing the 6s springs on the Mazdaspeed.

Of course, you don't actually see a 50% greater drop because the car simply rests on its bump stops. Your ride quality, safety, and handling go to hell, but they've already got your money.

Poor, Tein. Poor.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I havnt noticed any problems. I jsut wanted to lower it a little. The rear doesnt sag, I only lowered the rear maybe an inch. The teins are almost the same length as the stock springs.
I want to get coilovers, but this was a cheap alternative for a quick fix.

I just saw that you are talking about the Stech's. I have the Htech's. They are not as much of a drop, but are still the same spring for the wagon and 4 cyl.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok cause I have an 05 V6 Hatch and I allready purchased the Tein S-Tech V6 Sedan Springs for it. After reading all the post on here though I realize its gonna sag alot in the back. So I called the store and they said they can do an exchange for me for the Tein S-Tech Wagon springs instead? Would this be correct then? Also I noticed in the box I have now of the V6 Sedan springs there is a chart of how much you have to cut the bump stops. If I get the wagon springs does anyone knoe how much I would have to cut them for the hatch as it will probably only list for the wagon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have an answer? Please help. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Ok cause I have an 05 V6 Hatch and I allready purchased the Tein S-Tech V6 Sedan Springs for it. After reading all the post on here though I realize its gonna sag alot in the back. So I called the store and they said they can do an exchange for me for the Tein S-Tech Wagon springs instead? Would this be correct then? Also I noticed in the box I have now of the V6 Sedan springs there is a chart of how much you have to cut the bump stops. If I get the wagon springs does anyone knoe how much I would have to cut them for the hatch as it will probably only list for the wagon.

[/b]
There is no correct answer. If I read it correct, you are planning on putting the wagon springs, which are designed for the 4cyl, on your V6 hatchback.

Thats a nono in my book. Pretty much re-iterate what stretch already posted.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Philter25
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing