886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone aware me?

corksport shocks $500
springs $250
installation $300
alignment $100

got damn

my car has 32k miles and 5 years old now, there is no way the stock shocks would last with aftermarket springs

·
Registered
585 Posts
After all that cs bashing you did... you want cs shocks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where is that? I'd like to read it.

Going back, you can cut the springs. That is really cheap. I've known some who did it but I don't know if the ride quality is good. As far as being cheap is concerned, this one should qualify.

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Because I know you and your past on this website:

Don't go lower.

1) You can't afford it since you refuse to do it yourself.
2) You'll complain about scraping on things and ruining the bottom of your car.
3) You don't like Corksport.
4) You'll get angry about all the additional rock chips your front end, hood, and headlights will get.

Not being mean, just being practical.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts

Don't go lower.

4) You'll get angry about all the additional rock chips your front end, hood, and headlights will get.

Precisely.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Why was this posted in the Lounge?
He utilizes the lounge as an excuse to post inane things and avoid the repercussions of the site rules :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
The cheapest way is to just let the air out of the tires. It's free! And once you complain about the rock chips and ride quality, you can go back to stock by just inflating them again.

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He utilizes the lounge as an excuse to post inane things and avoid the repercussions of the site rules :)
lmao

found a mechanic who will do the installs for $125 for either springs/shocks or coilovers

that's not the reason, I post here because it has more readers

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Don't go lower.

"afford" is very relative. If you mean I don't have the money to pay for it right now, you're wrong. I can pay cash for these items and installation, but I'm a man who likes to save money if possible. If I can find ways to do this cheaper, why not? I'm subscribed to lots of saving deal websites I have bought stuff for cheap that you or others paid retail price for.

Additional chips by only being 1.5 inch lower? lol

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
"afford" is very relative. If you mean I don't have the money to pay for it right now, you're wrong. I can pay cash for these items and installation, but I'm a man who likes to save money if possible. If I can find ways to do this cheaper, why not? I'm subscribed to lots of saving deal websites I have bought stuff for cheap that you or others paid retail price for.

Additional chips by only being 1.5 inch lower? lol
You're flirting with a check your tush can't cash my friend. I have access to everything you've ever said on this forum (and have read most of it) - don't forget that ;)

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You're flirting with a check your tush can't cash my friend. I have access to everything you've ever said on this forum (and have read most of it) - don't forget that ;)
Wrong. You are confusing being frugal with being broke. I have tens of thousands of dollars in my bank account. I'm not rich but paying for a simple $1000 lowering setup, wouldn't break me. If I can find ways to do this on the cheap and cut that cost in half, why not?

·
Registered
941 Posts

Don't go lower.

Thank you!

·
Registered
435 Posts
If you want to be frugal about money, learn how to do it yourself. Spend the day getting your hands and clothes dirty and get to know your car. It's not rocket science. We are talking about a handful of bolts for each corner that can easily be done on the side of the road if it came down to it. I've HAD TO do harder work on the side of a road than a spring/shock swap.

IF you were serious about any mod, you would have already done your homework and found the "cheapest" route for you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
38 Replies
16 Participants
Byakuya
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing