Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering:

1. Does the standard stereo head unit on an '04 Mazda 6 already have an auxiliary input?

2. If it does, where is it, and how do I get to it?

3. In particular, can I somehow get the little MD panel off without removing the entire console, and can I get to the aux input that way?

I just want to attach an MP3 player to the aux input.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
1. No

2. N/A

3. No

You'll have to install one yourself. You can only take out the panel by taking out the unit and releasing the clips on the back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aux input

1. No

2. N/A

3. No

You'll have to install one yourself. You can only take out the panel by taking out the unit and releasing the clips on the back.

Thanks! Just to clarify, when you say I have to install one myself, are you saying that I have to completely replace the factory stereo unit, radio and all? (I was hoping that since they provide that removable MD panel, there might already be an input on the back of the radio. Not the case?)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
No, you don't have to replace the unit. There's a way to add an aux input to it. There's no built in one, but it's not a hard mod to do. You might have to do a few extra steps because they changed something in the 04 radios, but I've heard it's still easy. For best results, after you install the jack, drill a hole through the plate that's on there and mount the jack in that hole. It makes it look like a factory install. The thread that opilee posted a link to has much more detailed information, and it doesn't apply only to the Bose stereo...it works on any Mazda6 stereo, if I remember correctly. Also, there's multiple units that you can buy that give you the same result, but most of them are about $100 or so. However, if you have an iPod, that may be a better route, since some of those modules can give you control of your iPod through the stereo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts