Mazda 6 Forums banner

How are people running 13.7 with a 6.2 0-60 time?

5K views 52 replies 26 participants last post by  firedawgs 
#1 ·
Mazda says this car does a 0-60 in 6.2 seconds. How is that possible when people are running 13.7 stock?

#3 ·
Even worse...they ran a 14 flat (February 2006).

I would imagine if they got a 5.4 and 14 without powershifting at all, that when we're running 13.7 at the track that 0-60's are closer to 5.2. 5.0 for the down piped guys

#5 ·
better to under estimate than over estimate which would essentially be false marketing

#6 ·
better to under estimate than over estimate which would essentially be false marketing
[/b]
i work for mazda. i found out the exact reason. they didnt want another rx-8. they didnt want a car that was rated at something, and then was found out to really produce like 30 hp less. so they under rate power rating and accel times and if customers find out they are faster and produce more power, then they are happy.

#7 ·
i work for mazda. i found out the exact reason. they didnt want another rx-8. they didnt want a car that was rated at something, and then was found out to really produce like 30 hp less. so they under rate power rating and accel times and if customers find out they are faster and produce more power, then they are happy.
[/b]
That's a good ole business tactic called CYA.

#8 ·
That's a good ole business tactic called CYA.
[/b]

for all the people who dont know what CYA is. cover your arse

#9 ·
I think its best to look at it like this.. The average driver... under average conditions... with average wear / tear / and strain on the average speed6... will average the times mazda posted... making them 100% accurate...

If they post "well under 100% perfect conditions.. with PERFECT driver... perfect car. perfect fuel.. you could run 13.5

Then.. since only 1 person can be "Perfect" no one would get the listed times and then complain and force another "recall"...

Any and all mazdaspeed6's can break into 13's with some good driving .. good fuel... and reasonable temperatures.. What most drag racers will tell ya... the slightest "mess-up" of any sort can mean the difference between 13.9 and 14.5's...

Hell i ran a 14.8 once... and then ran two.. back to back 13.9's... and then a 14.2.. then a 13.7....

Lack-of-power.. issues.. heat soak.. TMIC... un-tested BRAND new engine design / setup... bla bla bla.. lots of factors

#10 ·
people are free to believe whatever they want, but:

1. 100 octane (or higher) in the tank is not stock (nor cai nor muffler delete)

2. times achieved thru launches that bust the axle mounts or rear differentials (see the many threads) do not qualify as stock times (nor does driving down cliffs nor driving with hurricane tailwinds)

sorry to burst anyone's bubble

#11 ·
13.7 on 93 octane isn't that hard. if you're someone who knows how to launch the car consistently, it's completely attainable without thrashing the car.

#14 ·
I suspect that you are trolling here occasionally to raise crap. Looks like he left when everyone gave him intelligent answers. What are the RSX Type S' dyno'ing at stock anyway?
[/b]

Im just asking questions and anything I say is true. Mazda did give those stats. I have no idea what the type s is dynoing at, 200 crank hp take 20% off that around 150-160 to the wheels.

PS. if you have a problem I live in chicago ill give you my number and you can meet me and tell me your point of view of instead of trying to do it over the internet

#15 ·
"13.7 on 93 octane isn't that hard. if you're someone who knows how to launch the car consistently, it's completely attainable without thrashing the car."

Um, check out the pronouns...at no time did I say that this is the way the I did it. I was speaking in generalities, hence "if YOU'RE someone" etc. etc.

#17 ·
Chevy used to do something similar to this as well. When they had the 3.8 turbo trans am they listed its horsepower about 50 short of what it really was so that it wasnt higher than the vette for that year

#18 ·
The rsx guys love to talk down every other car including the ms6. Go check clubrsx and you'll see. When they get beat, they usually revert back to their old 'well I have a honda/acura and it's more reliable' or 'my interior is better, lol'. Truth the rsx-s is dog slow compared to ms6 stock for stock. It's a high 14s car on the best day, down a hill with a tailwind. And with all their bolt-ons, reflashes or turbos, I'm sure a bone stock ms6 would probably still keep up with the majority. Thank god there's an aftermarket for them or else they'll get beat by the tamest of the modern family sedans. Same goes for the members of clubsi where the biggest bunch of douche-bag crybabies hang out.

So the trolls coming in here and trash talking are most likely from one of those two clubs. The subaru and VW guys generally seem more respectful of other cars besides their own.

#19 ·
The rsx guys love to talk down every other car including the ms6. Go check clubrsx and you'll see. When they get beat, they usually revert back to their old 'well I have a honda/acura and it's more reliable' or 'my interior is better, lol'. Truth the rsx-s is dog slow compared to ms6 stock for stock. It's a high 14s car on the best day, down a hill with a tailwind. And with all their bolt-ons, reflashes or turbos, I'm sure a bone stock ms6 would probably still keep up with the majority. Thank god there's an aftermarket for them or else they'll get beat by the tamest of the modern family sedans. Same goes for the members of clubsi where the biggest bunch of douche-bag crybabies hang out.

So the trolls coming in here and trash talking are most likely from one of those two clubs. The subaru and VW guys generally seem more respectful of other cars besides their own.
[/b]
Hell, an SVT Focus can beat an RSX-S and it has 30 less horsies. I do like the interiors on them though (and since my reflash, I would say they are more consistent), but they are an entirely different class of car so why is this even coming up????.

#20 ·

[/b]

Dumbass i OWN A MS6 thats what i traded my RSX in for...your logic is shut down right there.....

alsot hey arent slow dogs, they produce 100 hp per liter....find me another car comperable for that money otehr hten an s2k with 120 per liter....

#21 ·
Dumbass i OWN A MS6 thats what i traded my RSX in for...your logic is shut down right there.....

alsot hey arent slow dogs, they produce 100 hp per liter....find me another car comperable for that money otehr hten an s2k with 120 per liter....
[/b]
I could care less how much power they produce per liter , they're low 15 second cars (on average), that's slow. For that money, they're are tons of cars right now comparable in performance.And if they're so great, why did you trade? Whatever, the subject of this thread and the fact that you call yourself rsxtypes with no fucking signature could fool anybody into thinking you're just another dirty troll. My apologies.

#22 ·

[/b]
got any pics of your car? reasons why you traded in your acura for a mazda? :)

and perhaps consider changing your alias to something like "ex-rsxtypes" or simply just "mazdaspeed6" to avoid confusion.

#23 ·
Geez, give the guy a break.

He asked some fair enough questions and you start bashing RSX's because of his screen name. Grow up people.

I have wondered the same things he asked (I was not aware of the RX-8 mess until about a month after getting my MS6).

My wife has an RSX and the only thing we do not like is its lack of torque, other than that it is a great car that has awesome cargo capacity - something the MS6 really really sucks at despite being much bigger ;)

#24 ·
No need to change his name, he should add a sig. ;)

#25 ·
Geez, give the guy a break.

He asked some fair enough questions and you start bashing RSX's because of his screen name. Grow up people.

I have wondered the same things he asked (I was not aware of the RX-8 mess until about a month after getting my MS6).

My wife has an RSX and the only thing we do not like is its lack of torque, other than that it is a great car that has awesome cargo capacity - something the MS6 really really sucks at despite being much bigger ;)
[/b]

Fair enough, but why would you get all worried about your ms6 because some guy is asking questions with pretty obvious answers? I mean, reading his other posts, it's obvious he's either a total noob or just a kid.
And because Mazda overrated the RX-8 doesn't mean all their cars are gonna be overrated.

The RSX, being a hatchback, will have more room for taller stuff but it's still a very small car. The MS6 is a sedan, it's utility will be limited, however with the seats down I was able to fit a fair amount of stuff (although awkwardly at times) in my mazda 6. I don't see this as a knock against the car. It's like you buying a Miata but complaining that your wife's sedan can seat 4 people.

#26 ·
Im just asking questions and anything I say is true. Mazda did give those stats. I have no idea what the type s is dynoing at, 200 crank hp take 20% off that around 150-160 to the wheels.

PS. if you have a problem I live in chicago ill give you my number and you can meet me and tell me your point of view of instead of trying to do it over the internet
[/b]
simmer down tough guy, that kinda talk puts me to :zzz:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.