Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a M6 2.2 Diesel 2010.

My rear right break is getting hot. I used a IR temperature sensor to measure the
temp and compare to the other discs when all other discs where around 30 degree Celsius
the rear right was 80 degrees Celsius,

I have changed:
- Break pads
- Break disc
- Break Caliper
- Break Caliper bolts and rubber boots
- Flexible brake hose

Everything seams to be "sliding" well.

What could be failing now?

I got no fault code for the ABS sensor.

Could it be the ABS wheel sensor anyway?

Thank you in advance!!!

Br,
Mike

·
Registered
472 Posts
That is usually the result of a seized caliper but since you already replaced it, check that the parking brake cable is fully retracting.
You can also check that the brake pads are not sitting too tight on the bracket and have some minimal play that allows for a bit of movement. I own a vehicle in which I always have to grind the end of the brake pad as one particular bracket appears to be a bit too small.

·
Registered
479 Posts
That is usually the result of a seized caliper but since you already replaced it, check that the parking brake cable is fully retracting.
You can also check that the brake pads are not sitting too tight on the bracket and have some minimal play that allows for a bit of movement. I own a vehicle in which I always have to grind the end of the brake pad as one particular bracket appears to be a bit too small.
Could it be that the sliding pin in that particular caliper is sticking a bit and needs some more lubrication?

EDIT - not in his case, he has a new caliper.

Since it's just one side, I suspect it's a e brake cable issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've disassembled it again and double checked that the break pads have some play but it's still the same. I checked the parking break cable too.

I left my car to a garage and they could not find anything weird with it either....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts