Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my dual horns has gone bad. I want to replace the horn assembly, where is it located ? Is there a drawing or schematic showing where it is ?

·
Registered
923 Posts
My wiring diagram shows them located in front of the passenger tire near the washer reservoir. You'll probably have to remove the front bumper.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
92 Posts
The workshop manual says:
  1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the front bumper.
  3. Remove the washer tank.
  4. Disconnect the connectors.
  5. Remove the bolt.
  6. Remove the horn.
  7. Install in the reverse order of removal.
There are diagrams in the manual that show the washer tank and the horn(s) separately, but I haven't seen anything that has an overall view of these parts in relation to each other. That said, the horn(s) are somewhat under and behind the washer tank. I'll take a look at it in the morning to see if there is a way to get to the horn assembly without removing the bumper and the washer tank. If I can, I'll take a picture or two.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
92 Posts
I just realized that the OP dropped this question 4 months ago and has probably figured things out by now, but for those who may still be curious, here goes:

It seems as if it's possible to get to the horn(s) without removing the bumper. You can get to them by removing the plastic covering that shields the undercarriage:

Then, you can either remove the bolts that fit the horns to the bracket or you might be able to squeeze a wrench between the washer tank and the bracket to remove the main bracket bolt:

I would avoid removing that bumper at all costs though. The idea of going through all that trouble is too much, in my opinion.

I hope this helps somebody out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wiring diagram shows them located in front of the passenger tire near the washer reservoir. You'll probably have to remove the front bumper.
Hi, sorry to ask.
Do you happen to still have that Wiring Diagram, every single one I've seen is only for vehicles with VIN's that start on JMZ but mine starts with 1YVHZ. I'm looking for the wiring diagram for the door sensor as I want to attempt bridging it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts