Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I saw a few postings / links for hood dampers... or whatever you want to call em... Has anyone seen these linked or on a site recently?

Last I remember, I ordered them... was told parts would not be in for a LONG time... and money was refunded... I'm guessing it was a custom kit built by someone who just gave up on it....

Anyway, if ya know of somethin like this that might work on our mazdaspeed6's.. probably reg 6 ones would work as well... please post.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I thought that someone on here had posted that the ones for the regular 6 don't fit properly. I thought that they had problems with the hood not closing properly. I think the rear of their hood popped up from there not being enough space for the shock.

..... anyone???

·
Registered
20 Posts
you are correct, the shocks don't fit in the speed very well...but if you absolutely need the shocks...as i did...
you can hack and cut and make things work.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
you are correct, the shocks don't fit in the speed very well...but if you absolutely need the shocks...as i did...
you can hack and cut and make things work.
[/b]
+1.

someone installed them and the hood wouldnt close, so he had to hack the mounting area. IIRC, xplorx4 also tried to fit them but they didnt work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts