Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I went to check my oil the other day and lifted the hood only to notice that it is rubbing. The car has had NO DECKS (To my Knoledge).

You think the hood will be painted under warranty. It's as if the hoo dis not adjusted right or something. I fell this may lead to premature rust. What do you think?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Un the underside of the hood. Rubs on the top edge the fender lip. Like the Bolt Track. They must have close tollerances. I am surprised because the hood APPEARS to be in line. Maybe it's the fender that is out. Something is fishy. I hope they didn't sell me something someone crashed before it made it on the boat. :(

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Well, I know my trunk rubs when I open it. The only way for me to prevent it on my car is to make sure I'm lifting the trunk up dead center so that it doesn't twist to one side. At first I thought it was misalignment but then realized that the corner of the trunk just rubs everytime I open the trunk from anywhere but the center.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats Kinda dumb....... I would expect more for the price of this car new. Mine cost me 40k

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
actually, does anyone else who has a 6 sedan have the same trunk rubbing problem I have?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I have an appointment at 11am tomorrow to see if they will cover this under warranty. Should also be interesting to see if they ask about the intake or not? Not sure how they will react.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
actually, does anyone else who has a 6 sedan have the same trunk rubbing problem I have?[/b]
2006 6s Sport here.......no trunk rubbing problems and I even purposely tried lifting it as far off center as I could.

sounds like you have either an alignment or hinge problem, might be worth having the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Because of the way the hatch opens, I don't think it would be a problem for the hatchback versions. It's a sedan issue I think. I've also had them look into it for me twice already.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, Signature Mazda decided that a Touch Up pen would make it right. I think thats a bit lacking. Why was the hood rubbing anyways? The service tech decided to unscrew the Bumpstops a little and that was that sent me on my way. MINUS the Touch Up Pen, that will be a week away?

I think I am going to take it somewhere else, I will try Wolfe on Boundary. I think the service might be a little better. Langley is a bit far, but if I have to I will go there next.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.