Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a low speed collision where i rear ended someone and it bent my hood release to the point that it broke the plastic that it mounts to. What is the part called that it attaches to so i can find a replacement. Already went and got a new hood release assembly and reinforcement bar from a junk yard, just didnt really know what i needed to do to get the peice that the hood latch mounts onto. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Pictures attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
That'll cost ya $60 at rockauto BUT potentially $130 freight as well (Mine's broken too thanks to PO's frontal collision. The repair "professionals" GLUED the assy (and it failed) and put a base-car's bumper on it along with used busted up mismatched headlights (the LF may be orig, but it should have been replaced) and then painted all the poorly-assembled parts. Hope you find better people.

Reactions: Joshpreher

·
Registered
78 Posts
A junkyard might be just the ticket if you have one nearby and are so inclined to do the work yourself. Either way, good luck and hope you don't have the experience thaxman 'enjoyed'...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did I mention the paint looks great? Panel gaps OTOH... ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts