Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every time i look at my hood i get sad, it is so chipped to crap....

i originally was going to get a CF hood but think i am better off keeping the stock hood and painting it.... i have to get my grill repainted anyway....

i wanna get it painted the "V" like others have done, black in the middle stock on the outsides, does this sound like a good idea??

the reason i got away from the CF hood is you have to drill into it to put hood pins and there is no way i am capable of doing that :D

does anyone know of a custom paint shop in the ME, NH, MA area??

i am going to post a pic up tonite and ask for someone to photoshop so i can see how it will look....

thanks!!

:drive:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I don't know any custom paint shops but I feel your pain man....I bought my Mazda6 and it had paint chips all over the hood cause the family that owned it before me lived far from where they work, and Alaska isn't exactly the nicest place to drive in the winter time....good luck

·
Registered
744 Posts
im not sure u have to put the pins in all the CF hoods. paint chips suck

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
i have a seibon CF hood and i don't use hood pins. The only modification that i needed to do was dremel out a little larger area for the wiper fluid nozzles to fit. Pretty easy to do...just be careful!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
the reason i got away from the CF hood is you have to drill into it to put hood pins and there is no way i am capable of doing that :D

:drive:
[/b]

false. they "recommend it" so if in a one and a million chance your hood flies off, you can't sue them.

i've had my seibon hood for almost 5k with no issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts