Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I tried ordering a set of NRG hood dampers, because teins were more expensive,
and I needed a fix thanks to a neighbor bending my prop rod in half.

after a little cutting and grinding, I managed to get a decent fit, I stll have a clearance issue
on the hood touching the damper, but it's drivable for the dream cruise this weekend.

ok...a shameless way to get to post pics of my car, but here they are:

any opinions/suggestions?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once it's up they hold, drop the hood about 1/2 way down and it's like they're not even there.

we'll see how they hold up.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Yeah, the TEIN ones are the same. I took em off after 3 days.

Left a big gap, but did the job. As soon as some MS6 specific ones are available, they're mine!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Please let me know to i was gonna order the tein ones to thanks god i didn't thanks a lot bro for the info instead of me wasting money. But shout me a holla anyone when specific MS6 ones are available and where i can get them from. thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
can you tell me how much those damper cost?

Is there a spot that these bolt up to, or do you need to drill any to install them?

·
Registered
820 Posts
that angle is so low, i'd be very very very careful if you're under you hood and theres even a slight breeze in any direction. Man, 80 pounds of hood falling on you will probably KYTFO!

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
can you tell me how much those damper cost?

Is there a spot that these bolt up to, or do you need to drill any to install them?
[/b]
They're available on our website here:

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...products_id=218

They're in the Mazda 6 section since they're not designed for the MS6. The actual installation of the dampers is bolt-on, but you may need to make some modifications as shown in the pictures in order for the hood to close somewhat properly.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
They're available on our website here:

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...products_id=218

They're in the Mazda 6 section since they're not designed for the MS6. The actual installation of the dampers is bolt-on, but you may need to make some modifications as shown in the pictures in order for the hood to close somewhat properly.
[/b]

Yea i just did not want to make modifications like he did to make them fit, i will feel like it looks like shit with that extra space it makes when you close the hood as shown in the pictures or have to modify crap just to make it close right. Wish there was a exact fit one that just bolts on and im done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts