Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wow, that's probably the best sounding 4-cyl I've ever heard in my life.

I doubt the Speed6 would sound anything like that. We're turbo and we don't have a 9000 RPM Redline.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
EDITED.

I actually watched the video now instead of listening.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
my god i love the way S2000's sound. very pro-race style exhaust note. he's done a crapload of work to that engine without making the exterior hotpink with jellybeans attached to it. or whatever those crazy ricers are doing these days. but i think this video sums it up for me:

best 4cyl sound - s2000
best v6 sound - 350z/g35
best v8 sound - V8 Vantage

for the v8 sound, the Ferrari F430 is close but the Vantage wins because you can hear it coming 2 states away.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
My favorite sounding stock V8 is the Ford GT. I saw in the middle of nowhere at a Mc Donalds a couple months back and I was like, whothe hell around here can afford that car? He came out with his young son. He wouldn't even let his son open his own door. Do you blame him?

·
Registered
76 Posts
It sounds like he's got a comptech supercharger. You get a different sound from a supercharged car than you do a turbo. I knew a guy who had a S2000 and an NSX and both had comptech packages on them. Both sounded like that.
[/b]

um hello... it says independant throttle bodies right on the page and even shows under the hood. do you know how a super charger even works?

I dont want to sound like a ass but you may give someone the wrong idea.

i have seen this set up in person and does not by any means sound like a comptech setup.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
um hello... it says independant throttle bodies right on the page and even shows under the hood. do you know how a super charger even works?

I dont want to sound like a ass but you may give someone the wrong idea.

i have seen this set up in person and does not by any means sound like a comptech setup.
[/b]
Sorry, I wasn't watching the video. I clicked on it and never looked at the page. The Wake Forest - GT game is on.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
best 4cyl sound - s2000
best v6 sound - 350z/g35 [/b]
I don't know, being a former WRX owner, I would probably debate that, only because I fell in love with the sound of a modified turbo flat 4. Mostly because with a decent sized exhaust, my WRX sounded more like a lopey, baby-sized V8 lol. Or at least to me it did. Although when I owned my Z, I had a JWT intake & Nismo exhaust on it... dear God did that car sound sexy, I miss it so much :( So I would agree with you on the best V6 sound.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
On the V6 sound, a properly tuned VR6 sounds great.... as well does the BMW I6 from the M3....
[/b]
+1 on the M3. That is one sweet sounding engine when it's done right.

·
Registered
778 Posts
For the price of a s2K and to make it sound like that I would get a 3rd gen rx7. Better powerband and can be tuned past 10K. rx7 r1 package

If price is not a issue I definetly like the F430 however, a club member has a lambo murcie with MS Racing exhaust. Now that is sweet. Sounds like the video below.

lambo exhaust
However that is a V12 so I guess it doesn't go on the list.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Simply the best sounding 4cyc no doubt.

For me I like the sound of a PP 3-rotor. 4-rotor is the best, but thats not in any street car. A stock RX-8 has quite unique sound too.

Boxer rumble is good too, but I found it to be annoying after a while. I like smooth high rpm engines.

Ah well, I am a rotary guy. =d

·
Registered
778 Posts
spoolinFL6 Posted Today, 03:08
TOOOO RICEY[/b]
Formula one sound? or the Boxer rumble?

I too have gotten quite annoyed with hearing the honda's reving the crap out of their engines just to keep up. There is a lot of annoying exhausts made for them that just give me a headache.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have no great knowledge on what sounds better than what, but one day while walking into a building in miami, an evo went racing past and it sounded amazing. I was really surprised at how deep the tone was and how nice the bov sounded. It was way deeper than any other 4 cyl I had ever heard and IMO sounded better than this S2000.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts