Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Of course it looks like a Scion, what do you think its supposed to compete against? I do, however, think it looks slightly better than the xA.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
looks like a chevy aveo

·
Registered
128 Posts
Why were you on that site again?
[/b]
We have a traitor amongst us. :laugh: j/k :nana:

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
I was actually spying a Fit recently. It weighs in at 2,400 lbs, almost 1,000 lbs lighter than my 6. Sure it barely scrapes together triple digit power figures and has a s-s-strut front end and torsion-bar rear end, but I know the Fit, will... fit in. :D

Also consider, from what I imagine, it's the same Honda 1.5L VTEC that has been used recently, so the aftermarket already exists for the engine. Headers, cam gears, AEM's EMS system, etc.

I also looked at a Dodge Caliber AWD... (Same 2.4L as in the Neon and PT Cruiser, which leaves several turbo options or a Whipple supercharger kit). Imagine a 355 BHP AWD Caliber.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
BECAUSE YOU CAN FIT A K-SERIES IN THERE
[/b]
I give it two months before the first swap happens. Mmmmm K20 in a 2,400 lbs vehicle, fix that suspension and you have a killer, though Road & Track already mentioned there is a huge swell of aftermarket support coming for the Fit in the coming months.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I like it, but then, I've always liked small cars. I got to sit in one the very first day they arrived at the dealerships and with the seat all the way back, I barely had enough leg room (I'm 5'11"). Headroom was fine. Otherwise, it was a very nice car, not a stripped down basic transportation-type of vehicle you'd expect. The interior (esp the dash) had a very "premium" feel to it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The Honda guy across the street traded in his fiancee's Mustang GT on a new Fit. Its interesting, interior is nice, he said it rides great but the best thing about it is PADDLE SHIFTERS for sport mode! That's an awesome feature. I'd love to have those.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
21 Participants
Novs
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing