Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
i'm considering getting the auto-dim mirror with homelink, and i was just curious to know how one goes about programming the homelink part to open your garage door? Anyone with the feature (or even without) able to provide any assistance?

thanx!

-yasir

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Homelink...

thanx bro. The Transmitter is referring to my normal garage door opener?

-Yasir

·
Registered
73 Posts

Yes. Your handheld door opener should be your transmitter it's referring to.

For those who may stuble on this later, I'll post the overly simplified instructions here.

If you have a "rolling code" type (like a GEnie) door opener, you'll basically:

1. Put the Homelink into learn mode (per the instructions).
2. Hold the Homelink button to program while simultaneously holding your current transmitter's button.
3. Press the learn button on your door opener itself and then press and hold the Homelink button you programmed until the light on the door opener goes out.
4. Whala!! Should work. If not, return to step 2.

It's kinda humorous (to me) to program these things and have the doors going up and down. If you don't have a "rolling code" type device, you can skip step 3.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

thanx MaKnight71.

i guess now if comes down to, how much Mazda will charge me to get it installed. Anyone have it installed afterwards, and if so, how much was it?

-yasir

·
Registered
837 Posts

I have one too. But remember now all remote will be able to program on the Homelink. I found that out for my motor gate opener. The maximum frequency that Homelink support from the technical support is 399MHz. Unfortunately, I can only use 2 of the 3 buttons to program my garage opener which is compatible with Homelink.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

hieppo...if all i have is a one door garage, will this pose any problems?

-yasir

·
Registered
837 Posts

imammy, :) You should not have a problem with your one door garage. But then you may have problem try to control the rest of the neighbourhood's garage door with the extra 2 buttons. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts