Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's really easy to do. Just drive down I-70 in Maryland and watch an asshole going 90 mph in your rear view mirror smash the shit out of your car. Make sure that they don't slow down AT ALL!

This should be good enough for a how to.

·
Registered
979 Posts
dayum..... glad you r alright

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Gah!

Everyone Ok? And what were they driving?

Do like your DIY attitude about it though. Atleast you can joke about it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was the only one in the car. No injuries as of right now (it happened about 3 hours ago). I was going about 70 and he must have been going 85-90. He was driving a newer Ford Exlorer.

The car was drivable and it looks like it can be repaired.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Well at least he is paying for it. I would say he was going faster than 90 if he hit you while you were doing 70. That would be like hitting you at 30, and your crash looks worse than that. Good luck with the repairs and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Well, it does get the wing spoiler up to a proper height ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm no insurance agent, but looking at it my money is on totaled. glad to hear you're ok. that's a lot of damage.
[/b]
To total the car, the damage + rental + salvage value has to be less than the value of the car. That's the only way it will be a total loss. I doubt it's that much damage and no airbags were deployed.

My roommate is an insurance adjuster for a major insurance company and he is optimistic.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm thinking positive. It will be fixed in about 45 days MAX! You will have your baby soon!

Godspeed!
[/b]
That sounds good to me. Body shop is starting the work on Monday.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
40 Participants
HighSpeed6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing