Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Home made angel eyes...a how to guide'

oh, i dont know if i'll even use them. I just thought it was a neat way to make them :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Reading Topic: Home made angel eyes...a how to guide

Thanks for the tip. I would like to add a suggestion about the LED's. My shop sells VARAD Hi Intesity, (very bright) LEDs with Built in resistors. They come in a 4 pack for $20 in every color imaginable. I don't normally sell on line, but I feel a kinship with fellow 6 owners. If 6 owners need anything I would be happy to help. www.enormis.net

ERIE, PA USA

·
Registered
25 Posts

I'd like to see someone install a set of angel eyes on their 6. It's gotta be a pain but I think it'd be well worth it in appearance. I'm sure you'd get bashed by car enthusiats since it doesn't add shit to your car, like visibility or hp. I've seen so much shit on people putting down others for customizing there cars and not working on the engine at all, so what about the engine, the more you play with it most of the time the more shit goes wrong with it as well as the suspension and exhaust. It looks good but too damn costly most of the time. I've done some changes to my car but you really can't tell too much difference in Hp, plus you can't race your car anyway so who cares about souping up your engine. I'm tired of hearing cars that fart while going down the avenue. I love looking at nicely customized cars, fo shizzle. Rice is nice is my motto!!

·
Registered
793 Posts

i dont know about you djbrownie but fa sho racing is tight. I mean its koo to have a decked out show car but that only goes so far. I man its to daym prescious. Around here any ways we have ton's of tracks as to racing and a new one on the way just 60 miles from here. I much rather have a show and go car but a lil sleeper is just as nice!

·
Registered
25 Posts

I hear what you're saying it's just there is so much bashing on other forums if you don't have both show and go. It's ok if it's just a faster modification but not if it's just a show car. I'm just saying I'm not a mechanic but I can survive maintencing my car on my own but I really don't like to throw crazy stuff under the hood. I've seen too many engines blown with people putting aftermarket parts in there cars and I'm not at the point in my life where I can blow 10k or more that easily on a new engine, trans or car all together. Don't get me wrong but speeding is great but racing is freakin dangerous on the city streets and too much bad shit is going on with it. On the track is one thing but even with that I'd rather have a car specific to racing and one for daily driving and customize both in there own way. A sleeper is a sleeper and you're the only one that can enjoy it, you know as well as I do that you customize your car to stand out not to look ordinary. To me a sleeper is like pulling a joke on someone but throwing tons of money into a car when no one really gets to see it, I personally don't see the fun in that, but that's me and we're all intitled to our own opinions.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

i agree with you except for the "rice is nice" thing :D you must not have seen "real" rice

·
Registered
36 Posts
Reading Topic: Home

That's a very inventive idea for that "Angel Eyes" type look. Kudos. My questions is why not just use EL Wire. It will glow brighter and is much easier to bend into the shape you need. Since the area around the 6's headlights is much smaller than a can of bread crumbs it looks like it would be much easier to fit EL wire in there instead of trying to bend a curtain rod that small. Plus EL wire is available in various diameters and is relatively cheap as well. Just a thought.

http://www.elam.co.il/products.php?cat=8

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Let's see... Corn?? Wheat?? Hmmm... could it be RICE I'm thinking of?? :sarc

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Originally posted by mister6

That's a very inventive idea for that "Angel Eyes" type look. Kudos. My questions is why not just use EL Wire. It will glow brighter and is much easier to bend into the shape you need. Since the area around the 6's headlights is much smaller than a can of bread crumbs it looks like it would be much easier to fit EL wire in there instead of trying to bend a curtain rod that small. Plus EL wire is available in various diameters and is relatively cheap as well. Just a thought.

http://www.elam.co.il/products.php?cat=8

[/b]

The look will be COMPLETELY different. That looks like neon light and in my opinion looks real cheap. The angel eyes originate from the BMWs and have class (again, opinion.) Plus, notice the light is interupted around the circle, whereas the EL would be contiguous. I think if done carefully and subtly, angel eyes will look good on the 6.

I've seen rice, and its real bad! The rice debate has been hashed out before and is valid. Customization becomes rice when it becomes distastefull, not just because it doesn't add to go. Show is good, again, when done tastefully. And while taste is subjective, REAL rice IS rice no matter who is looking at it!

·
Registered
36 Posts

I agree that neon looks cheap and I personally don't like the look of neon or EL modifications on cars. Nor would I personally want to put anything like angels eyes on my car. I was merely suggesting an easier way to get a similar effect to what was posted. There are better ways to get a closer effect to that of actual BMW Angel Eyes but when compared with ease of installation and cost are not comparable to what was posted.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I think that changing backlight color is THE best way to get a nice interior lightning.

alalala Im blue dabadia dabadoo tralalal :D

·
Registered
25 Posts

Believe me Choppaboy I've seen real rice and if you want proof I'll post some of it.

·
Registered
464 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Let's see... Corn?? Wheat?? Hmmm... could it be RICE I'm thinking of?? :sarc[/b]
This is rice...

just go to www.beaterz.com and you can see all the rice you need :)

I dont see any problem with modding the car visually if thats waht you want to do. Angel eyes are sweet, specially on BMWs. I'm sure eventually someone will market lights with them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Home made angel eyes...a how to guide

yeah that's exactly what i was going to post but a different car but that site

1 - 20 of 22 Posts