Mazda 6 Forums banner

Should I keep them on or get real sideskirts

• Total voters
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
It looks decent... I'd prolly keep them on. BTW what front liscense plate mount do you have and where did you get it?

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
You didn't create the option for me to vote, "Leave it stock."

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If i left it stock it would look like this:

This is just temporary until i get that $$$. For now im leaving it on and painting it black

nearnhart: Could you have glued them farther out? I think they look fine, they just might look a little more aggressive and stand out from the factory skirts if they poked out away from the body more.
-That was my primary idea but when I sticked it farther out it just looked weird and it wasn't level with the lip..

MAZDASPEED619: It looks decent... I'd prolly keep them on. BTW what front liscense plate mount do you have and where did you get it?
-I got the license plate holder at a local kragen. You can find it at pepboys as well. I modified it and made it look like the jdm adjustable license plate holder: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jdm-Adjusta...sspagenameZWDVW.

I spent about less than half the price of the jdm one and saved a bunch....of money on my car insurance by switching to geico... LOL

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
i think you should paint the lip to match your car. whenever i see something like that it just looks like an unpainted part.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
pray4mojo: i think you should paint the lip to match your car. whenever i see something like that it just looks like an unpainted part.
-Yeh I'm getting it painted tungsten gray but theres just one problem... I need money! lol

I just had to take another picture. She looked so innocent

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I put the Home Depot lip on the front of my 5-door, and NEVER gave any thought to putting it on the sides because I thought it would look really stupid. But yours looks pretty good!! I still may not do it to mine, but it definately looks better than I thought it would.

Thanks for trying something different. You are not just another "pathetic sheep following the herd"

This reminds me of my high school graduation motto: "Dare to be different". I think we all could learn something from kewlguy6. If we all did the same mods, our cars would look the same. It is the creative spirit that makes us the great club that we are.

The real question is: "Do you like it?" Yes? keep them. No? loose them.

My $0.03

·
Registered
131 Posts
lookin good, very surprising…

Would you paint the sideskirts also?

keep on truckin'

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I put the Home Depot lip on the front of my 5-door, and NEVER gave any thought to putting it on the sides because I thought it would look really stupid. But yours looks pretty good!! I still may not do it to mine, but it definately looks better than I thought it would.

Thanks for trying something different. You are not just another "pathetic sheep following the herd"

This reminds me of my high school graduation motto: "Dare to be different". I think we all could learn something from kewlguy6. If we all did the same mods, our cars would look the same. It is the creative spirit that makes us the great club that we are.

The real question is: "Do you like it?" Yes? keep them. No? loose them.

My $0.03[/b]
"Dare to be different" chyeaa. Well for right now I'm just going to leave it on and paint it black. Later on I'll be getting some real sideskirts. I just tried this becuase someone requested it and wanted to see for myself how it would look and might i say "It looks goood" LOL

lookin good, very surprising…

Would you paint the sideskirts also?

keep on truckin'[/b]
Well I was thinking about painting the stock skirts black but I decided to just wait until I get a new pair of new sideskirts like the extreme ones and have it painted body color.

·
Registered
238 Posts
looks good esp with the front =)btw - another Flip representing here ;)looks good esp with the front =)btw - another Flip representing here ;)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
needs some jdm forged wheels to finish the touch =)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
23 Participants
kewlguy5
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing