Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2004 Mazda 6 and I am looking to replace the head unit. I have seen threads of people talking about the holy grail head unit. Where can I find one of those and how much would it cost?

·
Super Moderator
18,309 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

First time I've heard of it - Most people end up going with the Metra kit for aftermarket HU setups and put whatever unit in they want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum!

First time I've heard of it - Most people end up going with the Metra kit for aftermarket HU setups and put whatever unit in they want.
I have been looking at that, do you know any good places to buy one? The reviews on amazon make me think that is not very good quality, especially for over 200 dollars. It does seem to be the only option if I want to use a regular double din head unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your idea of holy grail and mine is way different. I wouldnt buy anything like that from Amazon.
I meant the metra double din head unit kit on amazon. I think that would be a better option and then I could be more flexible with my head unit. Do you know if that kit is worth the price? I don't want to spend 200 dollars on something if it is not very good quality.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Ownice Android unit? Only one member here have installed it.

EDIT: What makes it "garbage"?
Many years in the car audio field, so its just an educated opinion. No audiophile grade components, i dont like when your HU duplicates things your phone already does, does it do CD/DVD(?), more of a fad than anything really. (shrug)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've seen those units that replaced the flip up cubby on Ali Express. I didn't want to take that chance so I got the Metra Kit and a mid grade, sindle DIN Pioneer HU. Replaced all the failing Bosee gear and am quite happy.

·
Registered
2004 Mazda 6 wagon 3.0
36 Posts
I am not sure what an "Android Unit" is, but I have an 04 wagon with Bose and installed a blue tooth adapter Doc Feelgood recommended. It was $50 on ebay. It's glitchy at times but overall it works pretty well. I'd give it a 7/10. Compare to dropping $200 on a Metra bezel plus a new HU I think it qualifies as at least a "grail".😁

·
Registered
29 Posts
Recently bought a 2004 Mazda 6 and I am looking to replace the head unit. I have seen threads of people talking about the holy grail head unit. Where can I find one of those and how much would it cost?
Hope you bought the headunit it's worth if you want a double din or get into car audio
I bought mine awhile back and no regret
It's expensive because there's a whole circuit board on it for the climate control
Easy install

1 - 17 of 17 Posts