Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new MS6 from the dealer and decided to take off the front license plate frame. To my suprise, they actually just drilled straight into the front bumper and now I have 2 small holes there. Anyway know a good way to fix this, besides puting the bracket back in place?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Easy fix is to just put the screws back in and hit them with some touch up paint.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easy fix is to just put the screws back in and hit them with some touch up paint.
[/b]
I would if the screws were anything buy noticable! They're giant =(

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I would if the screws were anything buy noticable! They're giant =( [/b]

Living in a state that doesn't require a front plate I faced the same problem with my new Mazda6. One solution, you can spend a lot of money with these people:
http://www.bumperplugs.com/

or, you can go do home depot/lowes/menards/ and buy some small hole plugs. You will have to massage the holes in the bumper a bit to get them to fit, I think I used 1/4" ones with small heads. They're black which if you have a black car is almost unnoticable, otherwise you can either leave them black or paint them with some touchup paint.
I have a redfire 6 and left them black, hardly noticable and much nicer looking than either the holes in the bumper or the front plate.

·
Registered
978 Posts
if you want a smoother look than a couple bolts sticking out, go to depot or lowes and go into the aisle where they keep their screws and nails...there will be some drawers (like a tall tool box) and look for the drawer that is labled vinyl plugs. about $2, some touch up paint and you're done. fyi: the ones at depot are black, the ones at lowes are clear/ whitish.

just noticed this post is from september...but maybe others may need this.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well, if your holes look anything like mine did - don't do anything short of touch up paint.
They really aren't that noticeable (on Lapis Blue anyway).
I barely see mine and people don't notice them as much as you might think.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I had that same problem what I ended up doing was leaving the bracket and put a chrome Mazda plate on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have been thinking about this, can someone post a pic of what it looks like with the plugs from home depot or lowes? thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts