Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some Holdens in games an such and they seem quite cool. Most of them are very good looking and they all have V8's :D (it seems).

Are they any good? Is it Ford hardware inside? Pics please :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Holden'

Holden is General Motors Australia. Ford produces the Falcon while Holden make the Commodore.

Yes.

The holden commodore is excellent value. It is a large V6 car that is very comfortable and sporty and drives well. It has very good handling for a car that big. It is rear wheel drive as well and is very sturdy. It has decent horsepower and is decent looking. It is very hard value to beat (low 30K australian, about the same price as the 6). The car itself remains new feeling alot longer than a Ford Falcon. The only problem with them is that everyone and their dog owns one, because they are so good.

Their other cars the Barina, Astra and Vectra all come from Opel. However, Holden does a good job of tweaking the suspension and set up so that they are sportier, more reliable and run better (the old Eurpean dud the Vectra was tweaked by Holden to be quite a decent car with a good reputation--I know it sounds impossible but it is true). IE at the moment they've delayed the realease of the New Vectra so that they can work on it and get it right. It was supposed to come out in Oct 02 but will probably debut in Jan 03.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hmm ok wonder why Opel have different brands with the same cars...

Vauxhall, as I get it, does not refine the cars att all, just a different label on the trunk...
Holden seems to do some good for it.
Cadillac Omega :D Looks kinda nice but hey.. It's a Cadillac.. . Not good for the image if you consider it's a Opel under the chrome...

Same with Lexus :) Sure the IS200 is nice but it's a Toyooooooooota :D

·
Registered
510 Posts

Hey Blackbird !

Heres the link to the Holden Website ...

Holden Australia

You can view the whole passenger range, most you will recognise, but look at the Holden Ute & Statesman, very unique cars....

·
Registered
231 Posts

Unlike Vaxhaull, Holden go to extreme lengths to set up a car brought in from anywhere.

You'd be surprised at how much they can improve a car.

IE the dud vectra had its suspension modified and tweaked so that it had a really sporty feel to it.

The Holden Commodore are quite good and are the most popular car here by far. I'd probably buy one myself, but they are too common. 1 in 5 cars is probably a Holden Commodore. Takes away a bit of the fun of owning a new car. The Touring Cars you've probably played with in the videogames are probably pretty fun - the V8 circuit here is an extrememly good racing competitionand the cars they race are extremely good.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I must say that I'm impressed. Exept for the Barina, Astra, Vectra and other "direct" Opelcars they didn't have one single boring/ugly car!!! Amazing...

The Statesman LS8 was very nice. Always liked the Lincoln TownCar (not the new one though) but this was better :D Though a Caddillac STS is very nice too :D

·
Registered
231 Posts

The Barina, Astra and Vectra have gone over quite well here. The Astra has sold amazingly well. Its probably the most popular car among young women with a job. Even though a new one is in the works it continues to sell well... go figure.

I think Australian's have always had an acceptance for small cars because of expensive car and fuel prices (compared to US).

Yes I reckon the Clubsport would sell well in the USA.

·
Registered
322 Posts

What you really should be looking at is: HSV *evil grin*

Personally I find the Holden (and HSV) too large a car for me to find attractive (hence buying a '6); but you sure can't beat the badassness of what HSV do :)

There are a lot of horses under the bonnet of their cars :)

-- Rainchild

·
Registered
254 Posts

Hehehehe, we just traded a 96 Holden Commodore Berlina in for the Mazda 6 Classic Hatch. When we got rid of the Commodore it only had about 45000km's on it. Not much at all.

Adam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts