Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Holden Monaro'

Looks like a bit deformed 6-coupe...:D

I like the interior looks. Not the red, but the feeling the design provides.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Looks like a bit deformed 6-coupe...[/b]
Actually Steve,

Holden has been criticised in Australia, of having Copied other cars looks with the Current Model Commodore , especially taking some of Mazda's Cues !!!

But imitation is the most Sincere form of Flattery !!!!!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

That's going to be the new Pontiac GTO (with a different front ) It has US GM all over it.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Only thing that bugs me about this car is the rear quarter panel could use to lose a few pounds (or kilos for you smarter Euros out there).

-Alt

·
Registered
96 Posts

The interior is nice but the outside is kinda dull..
The old calibra looks better IMHO.

·
Registered
514 Posts

God I hate the "standard" system here in America... as an engineer it's such a PITA.... total legacy standard. Who the hell remembers whether 5/32 or 3/16 is larger off the top of their heads anyway? grrrrr...

-Alt

·
Registered
231 Posts

Originally posted by Altersys

Only thing that bugs me about this car is the rear quarter panel could use to lose a few pounds (or kilos for you smarter Euros out there).

-Alt[/b]
The back end isn't that bulky looking in the flesh. There are a few driving around Wagga and they seem to have a better balance from the door to the back bumper. I think the camera angle is emphasizing the back end a bit for some reason.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Originally posted by Altersys

God I hate the "standard" system here in America... as an engineer it's such a PITA.... total legacy standard.  Who the hell remembers whether 5/32 or 3/16 is larger off the top of their heads anyway?  grrrrr...

-Alt[/b]
wellll....3/16 is 6/32 sooooo....

:D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Renault Megane Sedancoupe? :D

Really nice looking, although a little dull. The interior was stunning! Not as nice as MPS but far enough :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Alero has a nice "roofline" but it must be the most boring car ever made. At least a Nissan Micra looks funny, the Alero is just... B00ring..

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

One of my favorite cars that isn't for sale in Europe.......it will be a Pontiac GTO indeed. I really hope it will get to Holland! Looks amazing!

·
Registered
514 Posts

Originally posted by stew560

wellll....3/16 is 6/32 sooooo....

:D[/b]

and 0.1875 is clearly larger than 0.15625 without any guessing or recalculating time. Yeah, it seems a minor inconvenience to do the fractional conversion in your head, but when you have to do it 500 times in a row, you start to wish the metric system or even S.I. were truly universal.

-Alt

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

More Pics here of HSV version, funnily enough called GTO...........spooky !

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

This is Probably what the Pontiac GTO version, will look more like.......Although I believe GM is releasing the first Official Pics in a couple of weeks so stayed tuned !!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Looks like a plain car with a bit of dress-up. I liked it at first, but after looking at it for more than a second or two, it's plainess showed thru.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Pontiac GTO will have a different front end to make it look more like a Pontiac, similar grille to a Grand Prix. Really it is a car that rocks when you see it in the flesh... ok cars don't have flesh but you know what I mean. It really stands out in a crowd. Deisil is going to drive one in his next X movie.

Check out the article and pics here:

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf...2,pontiac%20gto

1 - 20 of 30 Posts