Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know how many of you guys are hockey fans but I figured if I post this in the Canada section, I cant really go wrong. :)
Anyways, after all the trades, who do you guys think will win the Stanley Cup. I think that leafs got better with the addition of Nolan and Gilmour. I am still not sure about Phil Housley although, if he plays well, the Leafs are that much better.
GO LEAFS GO!!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Hockey

Habs can GO golfing GO!! :))

Anyway, the Leafs have improved tremendously but I am extremely worried about the Sens. They are such a skilled and fast team. They have added some size and they have gain so much experience in getting shellacking by the Leafs in previous years. They are dangerous. Even if we are able to past the Eastern Conference, have you seen Avs and Canucks. They are so all rounded in basically everything. It is what we Leafs fans wished for but never can have.

The other problem is those aging bones. How long can they endure through the long path of playoff hockey???? Can their play stay the same level from the beginning to the end??

·
Registered
17 Posts

Leafs always perform well under pressure...Ottawa?? Bye-Bye! The way it looks now though, the Leafs will play Philly in the first round and it will be a physical battle. Whether the old bones can hold up is something to be seen but the leafs definitely got better this last week.

·
Registered
376 Posts

don't know who's gonna win, but all you canadian people out there, don't you dream about an all canadian final? let's say Canucks and Toronto...

habs were my team, but since Roy is gone, there is no team there anymore...

Sens aren't going on the final, Toronto are much more efficient in the playoffs... if ontario goes on again, leafs will win again!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'Hockey'

Originally posted by hieppo

Habs can GO golfing GO!! :))[/b]
:D
The Leafs are not as talented as top teams such as the Canucks or even the Red Wings. However, I really think the Leafs can win it this year. They have heart and grit, this is especially useful in the playoffs. To be honest I am not so worried about the Sens because if it came down to it, like Mazda666 said the Leafs will beat them again.

·
Registered
837 Posts

You have to worry about the Sens. 1999 Leafs whoop their ass 4-1, 2000 Leafs swept them 4-0, and in 2001 the Sens took them to 7 games.

I think that is the record, someone correct me. But the truth though, the Sens has close the gap on performance between them and the Leafs.

I am a big Leafs fan but I have to worry about the possibility of a Sens win.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

go Canucks go

no big changes after the deadline....just hope there's no big injuries to like naslund or bertuzzi

·
Registered
35 Posts

I'm a huge Habs fan (even though I still root for Roy to win); but two wins in a row do not a playoff surge make. We'll see if they can keep it up.

·
Registered
376 Posts

Originally posted by Windsor6

I'm a huge Habs fan (even though I still root for Roy to win); but two wins in a row do not a playoff surge make.  We'll see if they can keep it up.[/b]
of course, i was kidding/dreamin a bit, 2 wins in a row doesn't make a big team...

in fact, if you take a look at NYI's schedule, they won't have an easy season end, i don't think they'll keep the 8th place... the real problem for habs are the Rangers... they have a great team, what is missing there is the team work!! but...

·
Registered
376 Posts

Well, if the tri-couleur finish behind the Rangers, I will not be happy.  [/b]
me neither! Rangers are just buying points to reach the 8th place (Carter...) habs worked in the last games to get there! what a night for Ribeiro agaisnt Trashers!!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Originally posted by mazda666

I'm a huge Habs fan (even though I still root for Roy to win); but two wins in a row do not a playoff surge make.  We'll see if they can keep it up.[/b]
of course, i was kidding/dreamin a bit, 2 wins in a row doesn't make a big team...

in fact, if you take a look at NYI's schedule, they won't have an easy season end, i don't think they'll keep the 8th place... the real problem for habs are the Rangers... they have a great team, what is missing there is the team work!! but...[/b][/quote]
The Rangers think they can just buy a Stanley Cup. All they do is buy talent and hope that everything works out and so far it hasnt. To be honest I am kinda glad that they don't do as good as they should on paper. We don't need another New York Yankees.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Hockey

Guy in red and black - Canuck
Guy in blue and yellow - Foppa!
Result: I don't know, just want to tease you al little. Hate sports otherwise :)

Edit: Now then?

·
Registered
376 Posts

Originally posted by Gujustud

Canucks got Brad May back, woohoo! I say Canucks will go far.. they've been awesome...[/b]
man, your Brad May is gone for a while! BANG! lol!

maybe cans will go far but so far May can't follow!!! ;)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Hockey

Yeah, I was so surprised when Sundin knocked him out. I didnt think that he was capable to deliver hits like that.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts