Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Hmmm. Which Rims?!?!'

Go for the first one.
I would have stayed at 18" larger don't look any good.

·
Registered
464 Posts

I could probably photochop them on a Mazda 6 if you want to get just a general idea of whta they'd look like. What i'd do though is since you know that friend, have him stick one on your car and see how it fits, 18", 19" and 20".

Many cars are limited more by width than height. For example my sentra comes stock with 13" wheels and i know ppl who have 19" wheels on this compact car. They have to get 7" wide though because 7.5" will rub the wheel well. In some cases they have to shave or modify the plastic wheel well liner to make them fit (they have a 2" drop though).

The only way your gonna find out is to try it but with 20" wheels that some small rubber on there and lots of heavy moving mass. I'd like to see what they look like though so take pics if you throw some on :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

i like big rims but 20's on a 6 is out of the question imo

heres the rims going on my 6 (sorry for the big pic)

·
Registered
148 Posts

Just got these 17" rims for my car a couple of days ago.

Tyres are Toyo Trampio Gu:wn 215/45ZR17

Here's a closer look:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

nice rims XTerm. i'm a probably cop the 1st ones on this thread. the rims i'm a get will be the Mondera Spyders in 18's. if i got 19's or 20's it would be in 19X7.5, 19x8 or 20x7.5. but 18's is str8 on this car, cause i wanna keep it sporty.

has anyone found any 20x7.5?

·
Registered
148 Posts

Yeah...the Mondera Spyders look really good. Heh...mine are only 17s cos tyres for 18s and above begin to cost too much :p

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

DAMN!!!!

BadBadNeil, those are tight ass hell on the car. nice pic m8.;)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Originally posted by BadBadNeil

[/b]
whoa that is a nice photochop!

can you chop the rims i posted above (10 flush) on a 6? or maybe the kruz alps 18?

·
Registered
464 Posts

The flush ones are extremely difficult because they are at a strange angle to start with and I couldnt find any other pictures of them on the internet. The key to a good photoshop chop is getting a good picture of a wheel then getting a angle of a car that matches pretty close also helps if color is close too. If you find better pictures of the flush wheels I can do better photochop.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

yea i cant find any other pics of the 10 flush either... :(

thanks for the photochop, the alps dont look bad at all!

·
Registered
21 Posts

Personally, I like a high quality light rim, kinda like these.

Volk GT-N in Gunmetal

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Originally posted by TodaSi

Personally, I like a high quality light rim, kinda like these.

Volk GT-N in Gunmetal

[/b]
i hope you like the high price of those quality volks too! :)

i like alloy and chrome rims, just as long as the chrome isnt overkill

·
Registered
21 Posts

:(

Well your right about that, they are super expensive.

When I finally buy my Mazda 6, I'm gonna keep it for a very long time and want to set it up with some really nice things....those being:

Rims
Tires
Suspension

then maybe a couple of simple bolt-ons like headers, exhaust and intake. Just enough to individualize it. :)

Crome is cool when done right, the rims I've seen so far on this site are sweet.

Hell, if my money situation doesn't improve, I may bolt on a set of Rota's :)

17x7.5 Rota Attack would look nice ;)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

These actually looks very nice. There is something "racey" about them :) Not overdone but yet sleek. Love it when the spokes are thin as well :D

Sorry to say I'm not so found of the black rims a guy had here. Black makes the tyres and rims "melt" and they don't look big. I guess those where 17" but they look smaller.

No silver is my thing :D Or dark grey, but then there's got to be a colorful car, like blue or red.

One of the few cars exept Impreza that look good in gold:

My dream car second to the 6: Nissan Skyline GT-R R34. THis one is a Tommy Kaira R.

·
Registered
464 Posts

I like gunmetal wheels a lot, of course only with certain color cars they look good though plus I dont see as many ppl with them as with silver or chrome.

C

·
0 Posts

Hey Guys,

First post here and looking forward to posting a lot more in the near future. I will be getting my Steel Gray 6i Loaded w/ Sport Package and other goodies just after the 1st of the year. My question is Bad can you PhotoChop the 6 with the second rims he has listed at the start of this post. The Giovanni's......

Looking at these as they are nice and Light too.

Thanks in advance....

Later Guys.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts