Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching but i couldnt get anything. Anyways, I remember looking through some thread yesterday and seeing something about an HKS exhaust system in the works or in development. I cant find they thread that i saw it one. But, can anyone verify this, and if its true i am definitely bypassing the cp-e and magnaflow and I will hold out for HKS. They make very nice stuff.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I'd like to see what they could come up with too. CP-e wants way too much money for that straight-through pipe with 2 or 3 bends in it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If it is dual muffler, no way. If it is single muffler, it may be a little cheaper. The best bet on cheaper woudl be something from APEXi.
Suprised Turbo XS does not have something.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
366 Posts
If it is dual muffler, no way. If it is single muffler, it may be a little cheaper. The best bet on cheaper woudl be something from APEXi.
Suprised Turbo XS does not have something.
Thanks,
Jason
[/b]
Cheap muffler=magnaflow or magmaflow (tips may burn )

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
If they are working on an exhaust, does anyone know if it's just a cat-back or a full turboback? Me personally, I would be more interested in a downpipe than I would a cat-back, but would hold off on buying the cp-e if they were working on a full turboback.

·
Registered
788 Posts
How is a full turbo back any different than the CP-E two piece they sell now...meaning their downpipe and exhaust currently available? jw...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
don't tell me you think anything produced by HKS is gonna be cheaper than CP-E.
[/b]
I didnt say it was gonna be cheaper, I just would rather have HKS. I just read on a post someone saying that they would just hold out for the HKS system.

·
Registered
982 Posts
How is a full turbo back any different than the CP-E two piece they sell now...meaning their downpipe and exhaust currently available? jw...
[/b]
CP-E's two piece set is exactly a "full turbo back exhaust". You can buy the different pieces seperately though if you want to split it between the catback and the downpipe.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree. HKS makes some really great parts. But you can't knock on CP-E. They really have stepped up and delivered some quality stuff. Mad respect for all aftermarket companies doing things big for our 6.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree. HKS makes some really great parts. But you can't knock on CP-E. They really have stepped up and delivered some quality stuff. Mad respect for all aftermarket companies doing things big for our 6.
[/b]
Oh, im not at all, I love cp-e. I have their intake and I have decided to go ahead with the exhaust instead of waiting on HKS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts