Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running this? i put it on last night and the sound it made wasnt like any bov i ever used. sounded ALOT like compressor surge. and at 12-15 lbs when released it still made a stuttering chush chush chusch sound. i wonder is this the way the ssqv bpv sounds or maybe my bov is just shot

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
That sounds about right. I run the HKS and it makes a fluttering sound at times, which is odd at first. It definitely has a sound its own. Search on here or youtube as I know these vids have been posted in a thread somewhere.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trying to match it on youtube, though on youtube even at full boost it made one consistent whoosh. mine seems to flutter full and low

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Yeah, it probably depends no how much boost your running as well. During part throttle it will flutter quite a bit. When I did full WOT shifts @ 20 PSI it would just make one loud CHUSHHH sound. You're not losing boost or anything, right? If not, you're totally fine dude, it's just an odd sounding bov (in recirc anyways) that takes a bit of time to get used to.

·
Registered
131 Posts
When I had my HKS it flutter all the time in low boost like compressor surge but it just the sound of this valve. That's why I sell it

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Ppl just dont get the HKS is a sequential design, it may sound like flutter but thats the small secondary valve doing its job. IMHO the HKS is the best bpv/bov out there in the market. I dunno why ppl would sell it. Try to understand what its doing then you'll realize. I had the Forge and it was a PITA to setup (Yah I know, its only a spring and shimmy thing), but the HKS is just a plug and play unit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've been looking into purchasing one of HKS's ssqv BOV's. Am I going to do more harm than good with it? and will I need to purchase a new BOV to go with it? To be honest I just want the sound but if its going to hinder performance I'm not too interested

·
Registered
334 Posts
@ strange6 - the forge units are decent inexpensive option as well - work wellfor me anyways....what you have to watch for is for intimation units that are flogged as HKS units - then you start asking yourself about the quality etc....

there are a bunch / turbo xs / cobb / turbosmart / greddy....all pretty much do the same thing.

·
Registered
836 Posts
intimation lol... imitation?

anyways technically a BOV in vent to air will cause you to be rich post shift and therefore be bad but quite a few people run the turbosmart hybrid valve and run in 50/50 vta to recirc. i still stand by full recirc. my turbosmart recirc bpv still sounds good to me. i can hear it with the windows down so i'm happy.

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I love my TS bpv.....great sound, but not too loud.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts