Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be purchasing a badgless grille soon since I'm getting rid of my Black Racing Bumper. But does anyone here have HK Plus' badgless grille for the Mazda 6? It's carbon fiber but I'll be painting it black. Is the fitment any good?

I've heard so many bad things from HK Plus so does anyone know where else I can buy that exact grille because that's the look that I'm going for.

Here's a picture of it:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I don't knwo anything about it, but I do know HK's reputation. Let us all know how the purchase goes cause I would be interested in one as well if it got to you in good condition and fit properly.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a picture of umy's car with the grille painted black.

Looks awesome to me! :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Here's a picture of umy's car with the grille painted black.

Looks awesome to me! :)
[/b]
It does look good in that pic. I can tell you without a doubt though that it is NOT carbon fiber. From the pic you posted you can tell that it is molded plastic painted to look like carbon fiber.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does look good in that pic. I can tell you without a doubt though that it is NOT carbon fiber. From the pic you posted you can tell that it is molded plastic painted to look like carbon fiber.
[/b]
Yeah, I it doesn't matter if it's real or not. lol I hate carbon fiber, and it's going to be painted black to go with my paint scheme. :D

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I it doesn't matter if it's real or not. lol I hate carbon fiber, and it's going to be painted black to go with my paint scheme. :D
[/b]
trust me it would be cheaper to find it in none carbon even though thats obviously fake carbon fiber. if its not reall i dono what it would be made out of whether its moulded plastic of fiberglass, if its fiberglass you can easily modify it to fit right its not hard. working with fiberglass is WAY easier then people think it is. by the way beutiful car!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the same grille from http://tunerdirect.com except non-carbon fiber just regular black ABS Plastic. They're on short term back order until this upcoming week so I should have it soon.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't want carbon fiber though, and that grille isn't the same as the one picture above. The hole isn't as big and it has a huge chunk at the bottom which, imo, makes the grille look funny.

And the upside about this one is that it's plastic not fiberglass, which I'm trying to stay away from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts