Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drive to K.L. with Mazda6 is FUN ! Reach K.L. in about 3 hours hitting speed of 140KM/Hour.

A pity that we do not have the cruise control in Singapore as a option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6'

Hi Jon,

I just got a proposition from my wife and in-laws to take my M6 to Ipoh. However, I'm worried about major stone chips on my paintwork. Didi you get that problem on th N-S highway?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6'

QUOTE
Originally posted by CHY


            Hi Jon,

I just got a proposition from my wife and in-laws to take my M6 to Ipoh. However, I'm worried about major stone chips on my paintwork. Didi you get that problem on th N-S highway?[/b]
Actually, my sport grill have two very small chip which reveal the yellow paint beneath my sparkling silver color.

Please try to keep a distance from the front vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6'

Yeah...I experienced some chipping on my chrome grille and 1 small chip on my bonnet as well then I drove up to Ipoh last month too. It was quite a joy to drive. Took the car up to 180+km/h without the feeling of the car taking off. However, the enigne noise starts getting a little intrusive after 3hrs at 3500-4000rpm...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replying to Topic 'Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6'

QUOTE
Originally posted by XTerm


            Yeah...I experienced some chipping on my chrome grille and 1 small chip on my bonnet as well then I drove up to Ipoh last month too.  It was quite a joy to drive.  Took the car up to 180+km/h without the feeling of the car taking off.  However, the enigne noise starts getting a little intrusive after 3hrs at 3500-4000rpm...[/b]
Wow ! at 180KM/H ! No chance to do that during my trip. Got a passenger in my car.

It feels as if the faster you go, no lose in grip, still very stable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6'

Yeah...it was quite interesting coz I was tailing a volvo and a bmw. Both were m'sian registered vehicles. Also, when I made a rest stop, lots of people were staring at the car since for some, it was the first time they were seeing it + it's not available there...yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Replying to Topic 'H

QUOTE
Originally posted by jon


            Drive to K.L. with Mazda6 is FUN !  Reach K.L. in about 3 hours hitting speed of 140KM/Hour.

A pity that we do not have the cruise control in Singapore as a option.[/b]
Have you considered retrofitting a cruise control option from the Mazda6s of other countries? I am sure once the North American ones are out it could be done (albeit at high cost).

I would expect the car to hit 200km/h with no problems, the Mazda6 in Sg is 2.0L right?

Too bad there is not a lot of places in Sg to hit high speeds, only one I think can of is TPE towards airport.

BTW can someone help me here? I went to the Mazda Sg website and they don't have the 323 5-door wagon on the site anymore. Are they still being sold, or have they reverted to just selling sedans?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replying to Topic 'Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6'

QUOTE
Originally posted by placebo


            QUOTE
Originally posted by jon


            Drive to K.L. with Mazda6 is FUN !  Reach K.L. in about 3 hours hitting speed of 140KM/Hour.

A pity that we do not have the cruise control in Singapore as a option.[/b]
Have you considered retrofitting a cruise control option from the Mazda6s of other countries? I am sure once the North American ones are out it could be done (albeit at high cost).

I would expect the car to hit 200km/h with no problems, the Mazda6 in Sg is 2.0L right?

Too bad there is not a lot of places in Sg to hit high speeds, only one I think can of is TPE towards airport.

BTW can someone help me here? I went to the Mazda Sg website and they don't have the 323 5-door wagon on the site anymore. Are they still being sold, or have they reverted to just selling sedans?[/b][/quote]

So far, i've tried to contact Mazda New Zealand, Australia and even Hong Kong. No reply for the cruise control.

I don't think they 're selling the 323 5-door wagon. They're only selling the 323 4-door sedan.

Where are you from? Maybe you can help me get the cruise control for my M6 2.0L.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Reading Topic: Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6

I'm from Singapore, studying in Canada right now.

I have a 323 5-door wagon (known as a Protege5 here)... and I was wondering if there were any back home, they used to have them on the website but not any more. They still have some wagon parts on the accessories section though.

I haven't seen a single Mazda6 right now, once they start coming out.. I 'll go check for you... not too sure if the CC bracket will work though, cos the dash would be on the opposite side, and the engine is different (I don't think there is a 2.0 model here, smallest is 2.5?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replying to Topic 'Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6'

QUOTE
Originally posted by placebo


            I'm from Singapore, studying in Canada right now.

I have a 323 5-door wagon (known as a Protege5 here)... and I was wondering if there were any back home, they used to have them on the website but not any more. They still have some wagon parts on the accessories section though.

I haven't seen a single Mazda6 right now, once they start coming out.. I 'll go check for you... not too sure if the CC bracket will work though, cos the dash would be on the opposite side, and the engine is different (I don't think there is a 2.0 model here, smallest is 2.5?)[/b]
Thank you ! Canada will get M6 only later part of the year. I think .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Reading Topic: Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6

Hi CHY and XTerm,

Hope you see this message.
Am not sure if you're aware there's a Singapore Mazda6 group.
Jon is aware of it, as he's met up with us a few times.
Maybe you two are already members there too, but have different nicknames in the forum we operate from.
If not, would you be interested in joining us?
Go to delphiforums and do a search for Atenza Club Singapore.
Alternatively, the url link is
http://forums.delphiforums.com/atenza/start

Hope to see you guys there :)

placebo - I've seen you around in the Mazda forums, and know you're pretty regular there :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Reading Topic: Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6

Where in Singapore can I get parts and accessories for the Atenza/Mazda6? Does anyone know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,074 Posts
Reading Topic: Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6

i can help you guys get the accessories form down under if you want. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Reading Topic: Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6

In Australia, the limited sedan does not come with cruise. The dealers can fit it albeit the stalk type which is a standard Mazda accesory fitted to the protege etc. BTW Mazda does not sell passenger vehicles in Malaysia, the last i recall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Reading Topic: Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6

i just ordered my Mazda 6 (Singapore) and it comes with cruise control and volume and radio control buttons on the steering wheel....cant wait!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Hitting speed of 140KM/H in your Mazda6'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Eddy


            i just ordered my Mazda 6 (Singapore) and it comes with cruise control and volume and radio control buttons on the steering wheel....cant wait![/b]

New package ar? 2.3L? How much is it now?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top