Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving along the road and came up over a hill and the snow plow left a big ice ball that I couldnt stop in time for and hit it. It cracked the bumper and ripped off the plastic guard i guess you would call it below it. Anyone have any idea how much this will be to get fixed?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
It cracked the bumper and ripped off the plastic guard i guess you would call it below it. Anyone have any idea how much this will be to get fixed?
[/b]
New painted bumper cover and lower grill... Yer looking at about $800ish, maybe a little less.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Holy shitballs, I mean iceballs.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
That was one bitchin iceball.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was about a foot or foot and a half in diameter. I live in Colorado and as you know we got quite a bit of snow these last couple of weeks : /

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it. Its not like you can see that crack from much of a distance and nobody would be able to tell that that lower splitter is gone unless they got down on their knees.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Stick of hot glue: $0.25 ;)
[/b]
Agreed I would hot glue that crack together then paint over the crack with some touch up....

You'll be good as new spending less than $5 bucks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree on just fixing the crack, seems silly to replace the whole bumper for it. Do you think a body shop could do it and make it look right? Then I would only have to replace the lower splitter.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Agreed. Check to see if you can put a claim for that damage due to their negligence. Hope all works out, if not I would go with the hot glue and touch up...

·
Registered
493 Posts
For damage due to road conditions, is it unheard of to have the bill payed by the city?
[/b]
In my area, if the conditions have been reported to the maintenence department there is a chance of recovery from the city.

My damage however was caused by a couple of deadbeats dropping landscaping debris on the freeway.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
For damage due to road conditions, is it unheard of to have the bill payed by the city?
[/b]
This isn't a road condition, it's what's refered to as an "act of god." It's a ball of ice.

·
Registered
595 Posts
damn, they were plowing the road - not their fault you didnt avoid the big ass ball of snow in the road.

·
Registered
507 Posts
This isn't a road condition, it's what's refered to as an "act of god." It's a ball of ice.
[/b]
Claims adjusters must LOVE that term! I could see myself in their position calling everything an "act of god".

"Well, the person who hit your car happened to have a kitten in their car, and well, somebody masterbated that day. I'm sure you've seen the poster explaining that one, sir?" :laugh:

GL with the repair :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I would have stayed home with that much snow. "I'm sick, sir. I can't come in today." I doubt that would have been believable, but whatever. Those conditions are the ones that cause trouble.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The road was only wide enough for one car to make it down, so I couldnt try and avoid it. There was snow and ice on the ground, but trying to stop on ice with potenza's doesnt work so well.

I dont see any reason to go at the city for it, he was just plowing the road and a couple of the iceballs rolled back into it. So im just going to get it fixed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts