Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hit a god damn deer last night. it hits its brakes and i hit mine, but unfortunately it couldn't be avoided. things would be fine, but it was a buck and its rack hit my hood. other than that it just popped out my bumper and pushed the fender in right by the head light which i can pull right out. hood, however, has some dents in it now right on the edge of it. grrrrr. damn nature.

watch out in boerne on i-10. they will get ya.

·
Registered
851 Posts
just remember when you talk to the insurance company.....the deer hit you not the other way around

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, yeah well unfortunately it isn't enough damage to claim. i could care less if it wasn't a buck with a ten point rack. that is what did real damage.

·
Registered
721 Posts
i had a dear hit my old car. white tail female. jumped right into my front driver side 1/4 panel. her head hit my windshield and she swung around and her ass nailed my driver side rear door. cracked the windshield and broke my side view mirror. when i backed up to see if she was dead, she had dissappeared and all that was left was one antler and my side view mirror laying on the road. Got to be careful at night, they spring up outta nowhere.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i had a car in front of me and couldn't use my brights or i would of seen him.

just found the dent he left he my door. that bastard.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i had a dear hit my old car. white tail female. jumped right into my front driver side 1/4 panel. her head hit my windshield and she swung around and her ass nailed my driver side rear door. cracked the windshield and broke my side view mirror. when i backed up to see if she was dead, she had dissappeared and all that was left was one antler and my side view mirror laying on the road. Got to be careful at night, they spring up outta nowhere.
[/b]
How did a doe leave an antler? :huh:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
How did a doe leave an antler? :huh:
[/b]
i was wondering the same thing ;)

·
Registered
682 Posts
"DOH!"

"A deer!"

"A female deer"

(sorry - just couldn't resist)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
lmao.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"DOH!"

"A deer!"

"A female deer"

(sorry - just couldn't resist)
[/b]

that was funny when the simpsons did it, but i have heard so many damn deer jokes today it's ridiculous.

·
Registered
721 Posts
err... sorry, you're right. not female. i meant buck. my bad. it's been a long week and i'm a city boy. nature ain't my 1st language.

·
Registered
661 Posts
i hit a god damn deer last night. it hits its brakes and i hit mine, but unfortunately it couldn't be avoided. things would be fine, but it was a buck and its rack hit my hood. other than that it just popped out my bumper and pushed the fender in right by the head light which i can pull right out. hood, however, has some dents in it now right on the edge of it. grrrrr. damn nature.

[/b]
damn, you've got some serious bad luck

sorry to hear

·
Registered
149 Posts

[/b]
So what happened to the deer?

·
Registered
76 Posts

[/b]
I-10 every where is bad, I-10 on the MS gulf coast is where i managed to get hit by a large buck. Bastard ran into the front passenger side 1/4 panel, puncturing my hood with his rack and rolling down the rest of the passenger side of the car. Needed everything from front headlight, new hood, new front and rear 1/4 panel, doors (both front and rear) side view mirror, and rear bumper. Surprising enough, they didnt total the car. It was still drivable (think that was the reason for not totalling), just couldn't get in on the passenger side doors.

If you travel on any part of I-10, be careful. Car chasing deer love I-10.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey pal, you got off easy. I've hit two deer and did over $4000 damage both freakin' times.

The first was when I was 16, flyin' down a country road (which I lived on) at night. I saw a few of them hop over the road, slammed on the brake, and slid into a straggler doe. 1990 Grand Marquis, I had it buried at the time, so figure I hit the bitch at around 80 mph. The whole front end exploded in a mess of grill chrome and fiberglass (I hit her right between the lights, dead center), and the deer pushed the grill into the radiator, which cracked and bent and then pushed into the engine fan. The deer ended up lodged between the remnants of the radiator and fan and the front bumper; it took me, the tow driver, and a highway patrolman to get the carcas out of the car for how stuffed in there she was. And yes, she was very, very dead.

The second was in my 1997 Probe just 3 months after getting it. That one actually did hit me (not that insurance cares), crumpled the driver's side fender like foil, shifted and buckled the hood, splintered the plastic bumper cover all to hell, and broke the flip-up light thingy completely off. The door took a little damage, too. Never found the body; probably it landed in the ditch, and if it was still alive I hope it died slow!

Of course, neither of those cars were $30k sport sedans, but my point is it could have been a hell of a lot worse!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Watch out for cows in the left lane on 1604 at night!
My last car i swerved to miss it and my car did a 180 took out a speed limit sign with the back and completed the 360 between the access road and highway. Caused $6,000 damage.
Funny part is, insurance told me i "should have hit the cow then it wouldnt have been my fault." I was going 80 in a 2 door coupe....the cow would have come straight through the windshield possibly killing me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Watch out for cows in the left lane on 1604 at night!
My last car i swerved to miss it and my car did a 180 took out a speed limit sign with the back and completed the 360 between the access road and highway. Caused $6,000 damage.
Funny part is, insurance told me i "should have hit the cow then it wouldnt have been my fault." I was going 80 in a 2 door coupe....the cow would have come straight through the windshield possibly killing me.
[/b]
http://pics.dodds.com.au/main.php?g2_itemId=29

That was from a motorcyclist at 100kph. Well he was going that quick. The car wasn't moving at all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts