Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been chatting with SeanW about possibly getting some of the local Austin MS6 owners together for a Hill Country drive. Anyone local interested in hooking up for some driving fun in the Texas Hill Country?

Some possible routes; FM 1431 to Marble Falls, RR 12 to Wimberly, Hwy 29 to Lake Buchanan. Anyone else have other ideas?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Only MS6's?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't matter to me as far as the types of cars. Mainly just a good run through the hill country, plus it'll be a good chance for some video and/or photos of the cars in action!

So the list of interested so far is:

6Venom
UTNick
SeanW
4wdfun

I'll leave this thread out here for another week or so and we'll see who else might be in, then we can pick a weekend to put it together.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey, what day are you talking about for this?
[/b]
where do you work?

I work for a large computer manufacturer. Sit at the Parmer/I35 campus, have a titanium sport. I park it like an 'iron goddess' in the back.

repo

·
Registered
856 Posts
I might be down for this, depends on when it happens.
I make frequent trips down to San Antonio and have some buddies in Austin.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can count me in as interested. Live right here in Austin...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, nice response Austin area MS6 guys - and one Plano :)

So, in addition to the previous 4 people mentioned, we also have:

natasg
alan
jjohnson
repoman

If you're serious about this, PM me and we can start looking at calendar. This weekend is bad as it's my B-day Friday and I'm golfing all day Friday then my wife has plans for me Saturday. Next one might work if I get back from Santa Clara in time, was scheduled to fly back Saturday, now coming back Friday the 17th.

Later

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, since some of us are planning for gathering on the 18th, why not combine? We could make it a lunch gathering and then a drive for those of us who want to. It should be fun! :drive:

Here's the link to the thread:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry836866
[/b]
Sure, we could do that. How many do you have saying yes? I looked at that thread and couldn't tell.

I'm not sure where everyone lives, but if we meet up north, we can take off down 1431 to Marble Falls, yippee :)

There's that Rudy's at 183 and Duval, how would that work for everyone????

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Rudy's at 183 would be great for me.

We'll try to get a count from the other thread.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The 18th and Rudy's at Duval/183 would work.

where do you work?

I work for a large computer manufacturer. Sit at the Parmer/I35 campus, have a titanium sport. I park it like an 'iron goddess' in the back.

repo
[/b]
Lol. Yeah I do the same. Can't get any further away than my choice parking area. I'm around the Riata Trace complex. Your employer (boldly assuming my guess is correct :) ) has some suites on the floor above me.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 18th and Rudy's at Duval/183 would work.

[/b]
Unless anyone has a problem with the 18th, let's shoot for that date! As far as time, say late morning, early afternoon?

Definitely committed for the 18th:
JJohnson
repoman
4wdfun

others?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Unless a pound of BBQ and sauce is your normal breakfast, I vote for late morning, leading to lunch, leading to the drive. :D

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Unless a pound of BBQ and sauce is your normal breakfast, I vote for late morning, leading to lunch, leading to the drive. :D
[/b]
Heh, I forgot to include you, my bad :)

Definite in's now are:
6Venom
SeanW (he has a couple of MS3's coming with him!)
JJohnson
repoman
4wdfun

Sounds like a real car meet, looking forward to seeing everyone there!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Heh, I forgot to include you, my bad :)

Definite in's now are:
6Venom
JJohnson
repoman
4wdfun

Sounds like a real car meet, looking forward to seeing everyone there!
[/b]
Yup, I'm in and I've got two other MS3's coming

-Pololo_MS3 (Carlos, wants to know who's got the radar cause he's bringing his track wheels: 18x8 Axis with Azenis RT-615 (235x40x18))
-DeepBlue (Art)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
We need to combine threads... :D

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=63068&st=0

The list is growing: Here's what I have from both threads (I think it's up to date):

Me
Austinhusker
Axion (maybe)
bluelion (maybe)
JJohnson
repoman
4wdfun
Pololo_MS3 (Carlos, wants to know who's got the radar cause he's bringing his track wheels: 18x8 Axis with Azenis RT-615 (235x40x18))
DeepBlue (Art)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts