Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was watching Fast and the Furious 3 and I noticed the sound of most of the cars in the movie was kind of high pitched. I also was watching something on tv a couple of weeks ago and Jay Leno was driving I think a Ferrari, I don't know which one, but I love the high tone of the cars. I was just wondering if anybody has a muffler with a high toned sound. I hate the loud ricey mufflers that everybody else has and I don't really want deep growling mufflers, I just want that same sound you hear from a new Ferrari or Lambo. Does anybody have mufflers similar to what I'm talking about on their 6? I have a 4 cyl, so anybody has this on a 4 cyl?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Ok so I was watching Fast and the Furious 3 and I noticed the sound of most of the cars in the movie was kind of high pitched. I also was watching something on tv a couple of weeks ago and Jay Leno was driving I think a Ferrari, I don't know which one, but I love the high tone of the cars. I was just wondering if anybody has a muffler with a high toned sound. I hate the loud ricey mufflers that everybody else has and I don't really want deep growling mufflers, I just want that same sound you hear from a new Ferrari or Lambo. Does anybody have mufflers similar to what I'm talking about on their 6? I have a 4 cyl, so anybody has this on a 4 cyl?
[/b]
It'll never sound like V12 or V10, not even close to V8. Believe it or not, get over it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So there's nothing I can do huh?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
The "high-pitched" sound you heard may have come from the rotaries in the movie, which do have more of a Ferrari-like sound. Both the RX-7 and RX-8 were featured prominently. But, you also have to realize that virtually all of the sound in that movie was added after filming, in the sound booth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts