Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here's a quick questions. I have the 2004 v6 with the <strike>crapco</strike> jatco transmission. I have installed a B&M tranny cooler, and done a flush for synthetic fluid. Car was driving real nice and smooth after that.

Well, I decided to do some mpg tests and see how much further I could go without the high speed starts and getting to the speed limit as fast as possible. I noticed that my car didn't seem to have the pep in traffic when I would hit the gas. Just seemed to sluggishly start.

Well, the past couple of days on the drive home from work, I would do some faster driving at first and get it up through the RPM ranges, using M mode, prior to shifting and push it fast. After that I would shift back to drive, and I noticed the engine would be more peppy on the rest of the drive home when I would hit the accelerator. Rather than the above paragraph, where I left it in D the entire time.

Is it possible my car would somehow pick up on the faster driving when I was in M and adjust the way it shifted in D mode to accomodate for my driving style? Am I thinking my car is smarter than it is?

Just curious, because it seemed a bit wierd the way it adjusted itself in the past couple of days.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
1. 99% of it is in your head
2. The engine performs MUCH better when at full operating temps.3
3. Don't be stupid, treat the Jatco with care, it'll treat you with care

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, that doesn't seem possible. Did you recently remove your battery cable? Could be the car relearning
[/b]
No, I haven't.

1. 99% of it is in your head
2. The engine performs MUCH better when at full operating temps.3
3. Don't be stupid, treat the Jatco with care, it'll treat you with care
[/b]
I had a feeling it was mostly in my head. And I usually do treat my car very well, but I wanted to test out some things with performance, so I pushed it a bit to see the results.

Thanks for the answers guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
DSimmon
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing