Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Reading Topic: High resolution Mazda RX8 pics.

Well performance wise, I am pretty sure the RX8 will outperform the 6. In terms of looks, they are two different types of cars. However, they are one of the best looking of their respective classes.

·
Registered
510 Posts

Is there Much of a Price Difference for you guys in America ???

In Aus, there will be at least $10 to 15K price diff !!! Ouch....!

·
Registered
980 Posts

Roughly CDN$5000 - $7000 but this is compare to the top of the line 6.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Replying to Topic 'High resolution Mazda RX8 pics.'

Originally posted by chindo

Roughly CDN$5000 - $7000 but this is compare to the top of the line 6.[/b]
Not bad Really.......

I suppose the Difference is lower again in America ???

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

I've got this double this size as well. But didn't want to go to hell with it :D

·
Registered
212 Posts

I can't help it but I really do not like the rear half of this car. The front is OK, the interior is very nice, but the rear is just strange. Oh well, not my cup of tea, I guess.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well automatic RX8 starts at $25,500 while I could get fully loaded mazda6 for that price as auto as well. But the point is, it looks more sportier, Rotary (wroom, wroom); and those unique style doors. Still, hatchback 6 might be even better than RX8 in person since I didnt see neither yet.

·
Registered
510 Posts

Originally posted by Haris

Well automatic RX8 starts at $25,500 while I could get fully loaded mazda6 for that price as auto as well. But the point is, it looks more sportier, Rotary (wroom, wroom); and those unique style doors. Still, hatchback 6 might be even better than RX8 in person since I didnt see neither yet.[/b]
It's going to be a tough choice !!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts

Well. for me, my dad has put down his downpayment for his RX-8.. its arriving in about a month or so... not sure... Unforunately, he's overseas and won't be able to see it or test drive it before he actually gets his... He was going to also buy a Mazda6 for basically the "2nd" car... but they're going to keep my old Protege for that... Anyway... enough history....

I believe your decision would be on how you like a car to drive... my Mazda6 puts me in the back of my seat when I drive... (pretty jerky sometimes) and have ample hp... but with the RX-8 (hopefully you'll get a manual instead of the auto.. if not, I'll shoot you... cause you wont be gaining anything...) From what I hear in reviews... and have read about the RX-8 and other rotary engine cars... it doesnt drive like a sport car... more of a gradual acceleration .. sure its fast and weighs less... but personally I'd choose my Mazda6 over the RX-8. There's going to be no comparison in how it drives.. Heck the manual has What? 30 hp more than the 6.. dont know what the auto will be.. probably less.

But, if you're going for looks, not going to really touch on that, cause I don't really like the back either.

Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

well the sunroof on the 6 don't tilt like that, right?

*goes out to try in the rainy rainy rainy weather

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

The moonroof tilts and slide back into the roof as well. Is this what you mean?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Originally posted by Kincaid

The moonroof tilts and slide back into the roof as well. Is this what you mean?[/b]
i mean this.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'High resolution Mazda RX8 pics.'

It seems the RX-8 has a "spoiler sunroof" whereas the 6 has a "moonroof". Probably because the RX-8's roof is too short to accomodate a moonroof?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'High resolution Mazda RX8 pics.'

Oh, no the 6's moonroof isn't like that. The moonroof in the 6 and Protege slide back into the roof.

Most likely the RX8 has to thin a roof for it to be accomodated in it.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Originally posted by CzechMate

I can't help it but I really do not like the rear half of this car. The front is OK, the interior is very nice, but the rear is just strange. Oh well, not my cup of tea, I guess.[/b]
For me it's the other way around. The rear is OK. Looks a little like a Mazda6 hatchback "light". But the front... Don't like it att all that they made the fenders to almost look like those of a car from the 30's or 40's (separated from the hood).

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by chindo

Roughly CDN$5000 - $7000 but this is compare to the top of the line 6.[/b]
Yeah, I was surprised when Mazda announced the pricing cuz it's relatively cheap. I think it's even cheaper than a 350Z.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts