Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my engine bay, while at opertating temperature... my car will sometimes do this squeaking noise coming from my engine bay. if i turn my wheel while stopped/parked and the vehicle is running, the squeaking will slow down. but as soon as i straighen my wheel and not move it, the squeaking noise comes back faster. anyone ever experience this? when i took it to the dealer, the damn thing didn't make any noise at all... but it figures that later that night when i was pulling into my garage, the damn noise came back.

any suggestions on what this could be? sounds like maybe power steering?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
when i took it to the dealer, the damn thing didn't make any noise at all... but it figures that later that night when i was pulling into my garage, the damn noise came back.

any suggestions on what this could be? sounds like maybe power steering?
[/b]
^of course.....that's how it always is.

you should try leaving it there over night (i'm surprised they didn't offer this to you).

power steering sounds like a fairly good diagnosis, but then again, i'm not a licensed mazda6 know-it-all, so yeah......

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
My problem was similar, but I doubt that you need a new tranny like I did...

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to get this checked out as soon as i have some time to drop it off and make an appointment...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts