Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
YES!! Where's my Hertz card! I will be praying to the free upgrade Gods on my next trip...

I wonder if they'll include a "burnout waiver" for the rear tires...

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
http://autos.msn.com/as/minishow/article.a...k2006>1=7947

Carroll Shelby and Ford keep coming up with new ways to work together. After debuting the hot Shelby GT500 at last year's New York show, this team has joined together with Hertz rental cars to create the all-new Shelby GT-H.
[/b]
325 HP, instead of the 300HP in the Stock Mustang GT.

Only 500 were made - all for Hertz. And it's only available in Black with Gold Racing stripes.

I also believe the car is only available with an Automatic Tranny.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Still buckets of fun to drive IMO
[/b]
My boss has the stock 2006 GT. It's a blast.

And I hope every single one of those Mustangs stays rented the entire time Hertz has them in the fleet.

I work for Hertz!

:D

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
325 HP, instead of the 300HP in the Stock Mustang GT.

Only 500 were made - all for Hertz. And it's only available in Black with Gold Racing stripes.

I also believe the car is only available with an Automatic Tranny.
[/b]
Coming in '08 to a shady dealership near you!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
The idea is cool but to take a piece of history and bastardize its legacy to make a quick buck for Hertz just doesnt really garner any envy in my book. The Mustang GT isnt all that amazing, and to slap on 25 more horses, well, I dont know.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Coming in '08 to a shady dealership near you!
[/b]
Why "shady"? Even at the introduction it was stated they would be for sale after their mileage cap was reached. Nothing shady about that. Unless you think by '08 it will be the fourth of fifth owner, since they are expected to be for sale on the secondary market as early as this summer.

Repost.

And hopefully they will sell them after...

Look what a 1st gen gt-350h goes for at Barrett Jackson now
[/b]
If I'd had $45K in 1987 I could have gotten one of those in excellent shape with less than 40K miles on it.

Wish I'd had $45K.

:tear:

(I originally had $35K as the price, but I was remembering the price I saw when I was looking at a '64 Corvette Sting Ray, also in 1987.)

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Why "shady"? Even at the introduction it was stated they would be for sale after their mileage cap was reached. Nothing shady about that.
[/b]
I meant the ones that won't tell you it's a rental and try to pass if off as Grandma's car she drove to the grocery store and back.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I meant the ones that won't tell you it's a rental and try to pass if off as Grandma's car she drove to the grocery store and back.
[/b]
Ahh, I get it.

In order to do that they would have to strip the numbered plaque stating it's a Shelby car built especially for Hertz off the dash.

:)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Repost.

And hopefully they will sell them after...

Look what a 1st gen gt-350h goes for at Barrett Jackson now
[/b]
who would want to buy a rental car? there's a saying that is very true...there's only two cars that can go anywhere, a 4x4 and a rental. i would be scared to buy a rental car. people abuse them like crazy cause it's not their car.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
who would want to buy a rental car? there's a saying that is very true...there's only two cars that can go anywhere, a 4x4 and a rental. i would be scared to buy a rental car. people abuse them like crazy cause it's not their car.
[/b]
Normal rentals I would agree with. But this will not be a normal rental. And the turn-back mileage on it will be VERY low, as it is with the luxury cars. Besides, the kind of "abuse" this one will get it was built to take.

It will be a safe bet to buy this particular car as a used rental. IF you can even get one, which is a big if.
:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
Modcon
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing