Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been browsing the internet searching for a high output alternator for my 2.5L 4cyl 2010 Mazda 6i. Has anyone had any luck with finding one? The stocks is only around 100A and I have an aftermarket head unit as well as amp and subwoofers. It can handle it but I want too upgrade my amp and speakers down the road so I will need more juice. Any info would be great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find one also have a 2009 mazda 6 2.5l I Touring and stock is 100amp buy am running aftermarket sound system?
Kenwood DDX9906XR Headunit
JL Audio VXI800/8 mids and high amp
JL Audio HD750/1 sub amp
Focal PS 165FX front door components
Focal PS 165F rear door coaxials
JL Audio 10 W7AE-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a gen2 with a Apex high out put alternator puts out 350 plus amps at 800 rpm roughly at idel. i also have 2 xps batteries in trunk with 2 orion hcca 12 in black coil subs each pushing 2,500 rms each. they are both run at 2 ohms together into a orion hcca 9,000 watt amp which at 2 ohms pushes out about 6,600 watts rms perfect for the 2 12 s. if i had 1 ohm set up then i can push them at 9,000 but the amp and sub set up together is perfect the amp doesnt even get hot at the max vol. which is to loud as is. the rest of the set up is all doors 6.5 and inside ac duct mounted tweeters . all jl audio and lanzer with a amp for mids, and one for tweeters. go to apex alternators web site you can find my alternator pictured during his testing , its Purple powder coated. cost 600. and a few dollars i forget the actual charge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts