Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my radiator replaced in my 2003 Mazda 6. After picking it up from the mechanic, I noticed that the engine will idle anywhere between 1500-2000 rpm (depending on how warm the car is) when I drop the car into neutral while coasting (manual transmission). The car idles perfectly while stopped. Is this supposed to happen? I'm asking because I didn't notice this before, but my radiator was clogged (previous owner used stop leak).

·
Registered
109 Posts
that is for sure not normal.

i would verify the coolant is filled(eliminates possibility the ECU is raising idle due to a temperature reading)

verify that it happens with the defroster and AC off, (reduces the chance it's caused by AC. ac idle hang is something i notice, and am annoyed by on pretty much ALL manual trans vehicles)

i would bet vacuum leak based on the brittle old crap i see on my 2004, or low coolant. mine required an additional quart the day after i filled it, and i followed the oddball procedure to a tee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
RobertD
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing