Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the 6000K HID kit from XTec.... best investment i've put into a car in a long time.... the difference is night and day... and i bought the PIAA SharkBlue 7500K H3's for the fogs to match but it isn't even worth it for anyone going to buy them, its a waste of 70bucks or however much they were. The installation wasn't even that hard. the easiest part was actually what they said was the hardest in the guides. pulling the splitter out of the projector with a coat hanger... took two twists and it was out... Just sayin if anyone is interested or thinking about it... DO IT! plus the lifetime warrenty doesn't hurt

and to everyone that has them.... how high did you raise the projectors cause I don't wanna raise them to high, and also anyone have problems with inspection stickers??

·
Registered
526 Posts
good job ... u have any pics to post

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I didn't have to adjust mine at all. I also have not had any problems with inspection stickers.. But thats mainly because we don't have that here in bumfuck redkneck Iowa lmao....

Glad you like the HID's and the install when well. I have to agree with you on it being an EXTREMELY good investment on the car.

I have been thinking of changing out to 6000k bulbs myself. these 8000k just are not working for me anymore..I loved it at first.. but I think it's way to blue for me... actually more of a blue/green which is strange. I figured they'd be more of a blue/purple

·
Registered
526 Posts
i do.....

so SicKKkk
[/b]

nice ... very nice ... is that a 6000k kit ... if so wat brand? ... it looks as if u had 2 HID kits low and fog ... did u retrofit?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
i'll answer for him, he did have 2X hid converion kit

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Oooh my eyes... the GLARE!!! :D :D
[/b]
:nana: LOL you crack me up...

try looking at this to give you an example...i dont know if it'll work since you dont have ECE projectors but it should give you a ruff idea. I think the color looks nice, wouldnt wanna be driving infront of you though :p

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/car-oem-hid.htm

·
Registered
771 Posts
ya t_mo_t knows....hes the one who installed the fogs and the DDE's.....

im runnin 6000k hids on both lows and fogs.......the fogs are xtec and the lows is a korean brand which i got from a toronto member for pretty cheap........Up close the fogs look blue and the lows look white, but from far as you can tell in the pic ,.....they have a nice blusih-white look to em.

·
Registered
526 Posts
ya t_mo_t knows....hes the one who installed the fogs and the DDE's.....

im runnin 6000k hids on both lows and fogs.......the fogs are xtec and the lows is a korean brand which i got from a toronto member for pretty cheap........Up close the fogs look blue and the lows look white, but from far as you can tell in the pic ,.....they have a nice blusih-white look to em.
[/b]
nice ... ive been wanting to put an xtec kit on both the lows and the fogs ... but ive been havin issues wit the fog ... the bezel around them keep gettin burn marks on it ... and im afraid that if i go ahead and do HID that it will get worse ...

hey how is the out put on those u have any more pics ... cuz i was reading that a retro actually produces more useable light ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts