Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 M6s and i wanted to know what you guys opinions would be on an HID install.

I was thinking about doing both the low beam and the integrated fog lights ... however i already had the housing replaced cuz the bezel around the fogs was burning and its starting to happen again.

Im also hesitant to do it cuz of the burn and cuz of the hardship of finding a matching bulb that would perform well.

Should i retrofit the low beams?

Lastly i also wanted to do it cuz im installing lower fogs as well. Those will be amber or yellow. and i dont want to look like an idiot with 3 different color bulbs

Any suggestions? thx

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
retrofit the low beams and you wont need any other light!

if you do the retro, the intergrated lights are pretty much a waste, especially if your going to get lower fogs put in the bumper...

you can always get two hid kits with the same K rating for the low beams and the intergrated fogs.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
retro,retro,retro

I have done alot of mods and this is the best one i have done.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would i get atleast a hint of blue when doing the retro or would i have to upgrade to a 5000k bulb?

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
HUGE difference.You get more light output and a projector that is designed for an HID bulb.You should read the forums on hidplanet.com,You will learn alot about HID and differences in lenses.On that forum,they are not big on kits.they recommend doing oem ballasts and bulbs,but i went with retro projectors and a apexcone kit to get oem quality with liftime warranty.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
are your fogs hid as well?
[/b]
not to speak for him but well...those were my bulbs he's using lol. they're PIAA spark 8000k halogen's.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I have bumpin blazer's spark 8000k H3's in my fogs.One of the best deals i have gotten in a while,i might add.If he sells something else later on,he's a good person to do buisness with.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
thinking of selling the extra spark h1's i have since i now have hid's.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I need something for the high beams that match,pm me what you want for them with a pic. :drive:

·
Registered
581 Posts
alright i have a question. i did a xenonstorm HID kit. kinda gettin interested in retro now cause now i understand the meaning behind the projectors and stuff. i have a 07 6i, didnt have factory HID obviously, but i do have the 5k kit that was put in. can i put in different projectors (possibly some tsx projectors) without changing anything of my kit? or even if i dont use the TSX projectors and i use something else, does the retro include doing more than splitting the headlight and replacing the projectors?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
alright i have a question. i did a xenonstorm HID kit. kinda gettin interested in retro now cause now i understand the meaning behind the projectors and stuff. i have a 07 6i, didnt have factory HID obviously, but i do have the 5k kit that was put in. can i put in different projectors (possibly some tsx projectors) without changing anything of my kit? or even if i dont use the TSX projectors and i use something else, does the retro include doing more than splitting the headlight and replacing the projectors?[/b]
I did the same exact thing you did, but I HAD to change the bulbs. Any "real" HID projector uses the D2S "socket," so your H1 bulbs won't fit. You can find Philips D2S bulbs on eBay for relatively cheap, I got mine for about $85.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
if you want retro done right use the same ballast which may be ok but use phillips 85122+ bulbs or what ever the number is sold on HIDplanet. it is a d2s format which is slightly different too so an easy relay will be needed. ACURA TL projectors FTW or bosch

·
Registered
581 Posts
if you want retro done right use the same ballast which may be ok but use phillips 85122+ bulbs or what ever the number is sold on HIDplanet. it is a d2s format which is slightly different too so an easy relay will be needed. ACURA TL projectors FTW or bosch[/b]

ok i gotcha. so my bulbs will be useless after the retro cause the m6 projector is a halogen projector (although still looks good for hid) and the acura projector is a real hid projector. thats no problem. just making sure i can use the ballast hookup i have. now if i change projectors to the acura one, the d2s bulbs will fit and theres nothing else to change/mod right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts