Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious if there is a huge difference to were its really worth the lil extra money to spend for the 50watt RACE kit over the standard 35watt XTEC kit?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 35 watt kit and it is PLENTY bright. The race kit might get you in trouble with the cops
[/b]

ya, thats exactly what i was thinking, so thats why im leaning more towards just the 35 kit.

oops...same guy
[/b]

lol, ya, you already gave me that link and im gonna take advantage of that deal... Im just curious out it will work out with warranty issuses with them and how good they are in customer service.

·
Registered
704 Posts
go with the 35 w kit unless your out in the boonies....also dont get any higher than 6000k.

warranty stuff is ok..seems a little slow at times. I'm still waiting on replacement bulbs for my 5k kit, but its only been 3 days so far. My lights are a little green so their replacing them under warranty. I have another kit on my M3 that are perfect and have had absolutely no problems with and are bright as hell!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
unless you are looking at the bulb temperature to be 7000K or above, you aren't going to need the race kit. i have 6000K and it's still bright with the 35W kit.
[/b]

Same here, have 6000K McCulloch kit and it's hella bright!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
go retrofit. cleaner light, OEM fit and finish. just a little more elbow grease :thumbup:
[/b]

I was thinking bout that,,, and I really wont mind doing that cause I like screwing with crap on my car, BUT, Im looking to get this kit with a warranty. I dont wanna be spending $300 plus, and have a bulb or ballast go out on me and be screwed later down the road.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i got the hella 8k 35wt kit, super bright. i really dont see any need for anything more then that.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I have the ProLumen 50watt 6000K kit. It is excellent. not so bright it will blind a cop to want to pull me over, but a nice white with a blue tint.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Have th 35 watt, xtech kit 5000K. It is nice and bright. Only been flashed once by a car in 8 months of having them installed. No issues at all with the install to date. I drive by 3 police stations in 10 miles of driving to and from work each day and pass around 2-3 police cars as a result. They have never given me a second look.

·
Registered
382 Posts
i have the 50 watt 5000k hid's on my 6 and they are hella bright! this is of course compared to the stock lights as i have never owned a car with HID's... 35 is just fine though... cheaper, for sure!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya i went ahead and just got the 35watt kit,,, now im just waiting for them to ship.... Im so stoked on getting these

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
Memphis
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing