Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a question - hand raised - Thanks!
When you guys speak of text - do you mean text from a CD or just the text on the dash?
I am trying to put CD's in my player expecting them to be read, and displyed like my player at home. sorry if this a weird question.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So where are the three button combos???? We are still waiting. :cheers:

·
Registered
420 Posts
ahh yeah. forgot about them cans up in them cold parts.

ok...so lets go for metric lcd then? :nana:
[/b]

all the 6's have both metric and the imperial system available for the exterior temperature display,
simply press and hold the "AMB" button and it will switch back and forth. Also to clear the radio audio
settings back to the factory standard, all zeros, you only need to press and hold the tone control button;
there is no need for a two button combination there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Display Check:
Stereo On - Hold Power Button + Seek Up Button
Both: The diagnostic assist function illuminates all characters in the LCD to check for truncated or faint characters
(it's looking like that all the 6's have the metric LCD display)
[/b]
Note: Once you have done this you need to turn the stereo off and back on again. After you have done the Display Check you wont be able to toggle on/off your AMB display AND the dimmer switch wont work when your headlights are turned on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hehe, original Nintendo Contra code for 8 extra lives, NOT unlimited lives. I loved that game :love: .
[/b]

That's not the Contra code... thats the Konami code.. that code worked on several Konami games on the SNES. Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles =)

·
Registered
48 Posts
While doing the antenna signal strength check (PWR+2) to check my new Type "B" stubby :thumbup: , I came across something worth noting. The check seems to be for the currently tuned frequency, rather than a system check.

More important is that you can "tune" the radio while in this mode, using the TUNE knob (duh), 0.2 Mhz at a time, and the strength meter will change. For example, I tuned the radio to 106.9, which in the Houston area is a 70s/80s/90s station that is probably the strongest station around. It comes in quite clear in both of our vehicles with the antenna removed. Anyway, back to the tuning. The display won't tell you what frequency you are at, you'll have to keep track of that in your head. So as I turned the knob clockwise (up in freq) the meter changed from 9 to 0 to 3 to 1 to 5 - you get the picture.

By the way - my test results at that frequency:

Stock antenna - 9
No antenna - 2
Stubby (fully retracted) - 6
Stubby (fully extended) - 8/9

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Only if you buy the metra dash kit and replace your stereo.

Please search in the future, questions like this have been answered

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nobody found a way to have access (if is there any) to some audio ctrls like to adjust sub output etc...
[/b]
Whats the got to do with Contra?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
here's a new one that i didnt see on here yet:

straight from alldatapro's database:

lcd inspection:
1. With audio on, first press the POWER button, then simultaneously press the SEEK button (upper) for approximately 1 second .

·
Registered
48 Posts
here's a new one that i didnt see on here yet:

straight from alldatapro's database:

lcd inspection:
1. With audio on, first press the POWER button, then simultaneously press the SEEK button (upper) for approximately 1 second .
[/b]
Actually, that is the first one on the list in the original post. It's a good one too, showed me I had a bad column.

"Display Check:
Stereo On - Hold Power Button + Seek Up Button
Both: The diagnostic assist function illuminates all characters in the LCD to check for truncated or faint characters
(it's looking like that all the 6's have the metric LCD display)"

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Just for the record:

2006 Mazda6S Sport w/Bose system(stock):

None of these "hidden button" functions do anything at all on my stereo system.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the button info, very usefull.
Have noted good FM and poor AM reception, get signal strengths of 9 and 3 respectively. Any ideas for poor AM

Could not get the ambient temt to change from C to F though as I think was indicated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone know how to stop the Agree thing coming up on the Navigation screen when you start the car?

41 - 60 of 84 Posts